We recognize that not everyone wants to grow his or her career paths in the same way. That is why CLA exists to create opportunities
. We promise to know you and help you.
This is why we have created our Business Operations (BizOps)
If you answer YES
to these questions, then our BizOps practice could be a great fit for you!
- Do you have an accounting background but are bored of doing the same tasks each month for just one company?
- Do you crave variety in the type of work you do?
- Do you thrive during face-to-face interactions and working with people from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines?
- Would you enjoy the opportunity to learn a variety of industries and have access to virtually unlimited training resources?
- Do you enjoy working with a strong team and helping to find creative solutions to streamline and improve processes?
- Do you want the stability and backing of a top 10 national firm?
is looking to hire a Controller
for our growing BizOps practice in Greenwood Village, CO serving clients in a variety of industries.
As a Controller, you will:
- Act as the Controller for the designated clients you service.
- Take on the role of consultant and advisor to your clients on best practices for accounting and finance-related engagements.
- Provide project management expertise by managing multiple clients, work, and deadlines.
- Mentor the staff and seniors within your team and assist in designing customized back office solutions for clients.
- Prepare and analyze client financial statements and make recommendations.
- Prepare management reporting packages to assist management teams and Boards with understanding their financial results.
- Foster and build opportunities for our clients, communities, and people.
- Become an industry professional and attend industry-leading events and trainings.
- Maintain knowledge of the client's organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
Think you are a fit? This is what successful candidates for this role have:
Compensation strategy statement
- Eight years relevant work experience as a Senior, Assistant Controller, Controller, or equivalent.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting software, QuickBooks and Intacct strongly preferred.
- CPA certification strongly preferred.
- Government and/or not-for-profit industry experience (strongly preferred)
- Prior project management and client management experience preferred but not required.
- Comfortable with setting up and managing accounting interfaces with a variety of technology solutions such as Bill.com and Expensify, as well as reporting and/or importing transactions from a variety of Point of Sale software systems.
- Comfortable in fast-paced environment, skilled in multitasking, and experience in multiple industries.
Our approach to compensation emphasizes collaboration and career growth. We pay competitive wages and view compensation as an investment in our people. Factors such as geography, experience, education, skills, and knowledge may impact position of pay within the range. These same factors may cause starting pay to be below or above the posted range. For Colorado, the range for this position is $85,000 to $130,000.
Shortly after you apply you will receive an invitation with additional information. CLA has partnered with Pymetrics to allow you to showcase your potential and help us get to know you a little better. The Pymetrics games take 20-30 minutes to complete and there are no right or wrong answers - so we hope you have fun!
Following completion of the Pymetrics games, CLA will view the Pymetrics results alongside other information as part of the application review process.
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients, and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to learn about your hiring rights.