CLA is looking to hire a controller for our growing BizOps practice in Greenwood Village, CO.
As a controller you will:
- Act as the controller for the designated clients you service.
- Take on the role of consultant and advisor to your clients on best practices for accounting and finance-related engagements.
- Provide project management expertise by managing multiple clients, work, and deadlines.
- Prepare, review, and analyze clients’ financial statements and make recommendations as applicable.
- Perform complex accounting services for clients.
- Foster and build opportunities for clients, communities, and people.
- Become an industry professional.
- Maintain knowledge of the client’s organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
Think you’re a fit? This is what successful candidates for this role have:
- Eight years of experience as a senior accountant, assistant controller, controller or equivalent.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field.
- General knowledge of accounting software required (e.g., Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks, etc.).
- People management experience with the ability to guide, train, coach, motivate and direct a team to achieve desired end results.
- Ability to travel to local client sites as needed.
- Government and/or not-for-profit industry experience (strongly preferred).
- Prior project management and client management experience (strongly preferred).
- Prior experience in presenting financial information to governing body (preferred).
- Previous public accounting experience (preferred).
- CPA certification (preferred).