The Carlisle Group has been retained to search for a Controller. Our client is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). The headquarters is in Harrisburg, PA. They currently have 7 locations and 3 satellite offices. The organization continues to grow using a holistic and comprehensive approach to being patient centered. Their mission is to improve the health of Central Pennsylvania’s residents by delivering high quality, respectful and patient-centered health and related social services that promote access, treatment, education, and prevention regardless of health, economic, or insurance status. Their vision is that every member of the community, regardless of their ability to pay or insurance status, receives holistic, quality health care needed to create a healthy community.
This position provides financial accounting support under the Chief Financial Officer. The position is responsible for the daily supervision of the accounting staff, all accounting functions and reporting requirements, including but not limited to; payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash deposits, fixed assets, bank reconciliations, grant reconciliations, general ledger, third party cost reports and grant budgets. This includes maintaining, organizing, and communicating accounting and financial information in a relevant, timely and reliable manner for the use of the company management. Frequent independent judgments are essential. This position is a member of the organization’s leadership team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Prepares monthly financial statements for the health center and all related parties.
- Finance Committee Packet
- Board of Directors Packet
- Senior Manager’s Packet
- Ad hoc and grant reporting
- Provides monthly trend analysis and informatics related to financial data and dashboards.
- Responsible for financial reporting, tracking, accounting compliance, and invoicing of all grants.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement, and enforce financial policies and procedures of the Health Center.
- Designs and implements appropriate internal control policies and procedures for all fiscal operations.
- Serves as audit liaison for financial audits for the organization, related parties, and any fiscal grant requirements.
- Partners with CFO on preparation of company’s annual budget, including the departmental breakout.
- Partners with Human Resources on administration of benefits that also affect payroll processes.
- Supervise accounting department staff, overseeing accounts payable, cash deposits, and payroll processes.
- Maintain and update cash activity including grant draws.
- Prepare or assist various governmental reports such as federal and state grant reporting.
- Prepares all PBC information required by auditors for financial audits.
- Assists the Chief Financial Officer with other projects when time is available.
- Perform other fiscal department duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Must have a strong working knowledge of accounting system software and personal computer spreadsheet software and be well organized, neat, accurate and detail oriented.
- Must be able to communicate politely and courteously with people from different socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds,
- Must be industrious and have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a broad knowledge of organizational operations and policies and a high level of discretion, integrity and organizational skills required.
- Must possess the ability to meet deadlines, to concentrate and pay attention to details, organize, and prioritize and work independently and schedule and product quality work in a timely manner.
- Must be able to establish and maintain harmonious, productive working relationships with Center’s management, physicians, clinicians, and the public.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA preferred.
- 5+ years of accounting/finance experience
- 3+ years of accounting leadership with supervisory experience required.
- Previous experience working in a non-profit and/or healthcare setting preferred.
- Ability to clearly execute plans of action and manage multiple priorities simultaneously is required.
- Strong business acumen required.
- Highly proficient in Excel and Microsoft office suite.