Currently searching for a Controller for large manufacturing company located Northwest of the Indianapolis area. This leadership role will be the accounting lead in the corporate accounting group, reporting to the CFO. Will provide oversight over general accounting, AP/AR, payroll, etc.
- Manage a group of accounting professionals. Provide leadership, guidance and mentoring.
- Oversee accounting functions either directly or through direct managerial reports that include but not limited to accounts payables, accounts receivables, capital spending, payroll, fixed assets, financial reporting, intercompany audits, financial audits, etc.
- Work closely with senior leadership to ensure the development of accurate, consistent, and timely reporting, analysis and delivery of business results and planning output.
- Work collaboratively with FP&A and coordinate the annual budget process to deliver results aligned with strategic objectives. Implement ongoing improvements to the budgeting process.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external reporting guidelines.
- Consolidations between multiple N.A. operations.
- Respond to inquiries and reporting and audit requests as priority.
Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or Finance Preferred.
- A strong understanding of accounting (GAAP) experience preferred.
- Experience with manufacturing industry is strongly preferred.
- Analytical and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work well under time constraints, maintaining confidentiality.
- Superior communication skills, solid organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and changing priorities.
- Excellent communication, both oral and written, and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to build relationships with other areas of the organization.