Since 1966, our client, Epoxy Technology, Inc. ("Epoxy Tech"), has manufactured high quality specialty adhesives for the semiconductor, optoelectronic, medical, automotive, fiber optics, photovoltaic, and electronic assembly industries worldwide. Epoxy Tech is a leader in the industry with superior product quality, exceptional customer service and unsurpassed technical assistance as the foundation of their business.
With over $20MM in revenue and over sixty employees, Epoxy Tech is a strong organization prepared to leverage its superior product quality for further growth. Epoxy Tech is located in Billerica, MA (25 miles NW of Boston, MA).
Recently acquired by Meridian Adhesives Group (MAG), a Private Equity vehicle to build a specialty epoxy and adhesives leader, Epoxy Tech is seeking an entrepreneurial and change-management oriented accountant who will provide process and financial leadership to the organization. While managing the financial administration of the company, the ideal candidate will be a team player and builder who can lead the process transition from that of a family-owned business into a professional corporate financial function providing value to operations and corporate leadership. The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer of the parent, Meridian Adhesives Group.
· Provide business process leadership and implement appropriate processes to bring financial organization to GAAP standards
· Provide leadership for streamlining and improving business processes as needed
· Partner with business leadership to provide transparency for production costs, facility expenses, and profitability through creation of customized reports, dashboards, etc.
· Minimum of eight years of experience in an accounting position
· Experience working with small-midsize industrial companies, either as a public-accountant to, or an employee for those organizations
· A team-player with relationship skills to establish the accounting function as a value-add to operations leadership
· Problem-solving and analytical skills are a must; also, must have a thorough understanding of business processes and internal controls
· Ability to identify business improvement opportunities and work as a partner with operations, manufacturing, and sales to capitalize on those opportunities
· Willingness to wear multiple hats and grow with the company
· Solid technical accounting experience
· Adept with ERP systems
· Ability to lead, motive and coach employees
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Experience with process design and implementation in accounting area
· Experience interacting effectively across an organization
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required
· CPA is preferred
PERSONAL SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS
· Strong leadership style demonstrated by the establishment and clear communication of expectations for performance and the development of a team of highly competent subordinates
· An open, outgoing, and positive personal style characterized by regular communication and involvement at all management levels
· Well organized, capable of establishing and maintaining proper priorities and handling a variety of detailed activities
· Strong analytical skills and high intellectual capacity
· A preference for empowering subordinates, delegating authority, and monitoring results
· A team player, willing to put aside personal agendas to further the needs of the organization
· A self-starter who works well without close supervision
· Entrepreneurial spirt
· Ability to create and present persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics to board of directors, top management, employees and media.
· Strong work ethic.