Controller - Building Materials - FL - 27072306
Our Client is the leading installer and distributor of insulation products to the United States construction industry, based on revenue. They provide insulation installation services nationwide through a separate business unit, which has over 190 installation branches located in 43 states; they distribute insulation and other building products nationwide through their Service Partners business from their 72distribution centers located in 35 states; and they are a leader in building science through their parent company and its Environments for Living program.
The Controller leads the department and its team members, serving as a principal advisor regarding all accounting matters which affect the preparation and reporting of actual financial results for the company's organization. Responsible for planning, developing, implementing and administering financial control, analysis, operating systems, internal control, and establishing policies for the organization within corporate policy guidelines.
MUST HAVES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION - Your Resume should clearly state you have this experience or you will not be considered!
- SEC Reporting this is a public company.
- Worked for a company with a minimum of $750 million in sales
- ERP upgrade/systems consolidations experience. They will be doing an Oracle ERP upgrade.
- Direct reports: minimum 5+
- US based operations/controllership experience
- Controllership: 5 - 7years
- Strong foundation of US GAAP
- MUST be a CPA
- Oversee daily, monthly and annual accounting transaction processing.
- Oversee the month-end close process for the business unit segment.
- Maintain overall integrity of the company's internal financial statements.
- Review and approve completed GL configuration change request form; review and validate for conformity to SOP and approve or deny.
- Review key account reconciliations.
- Review adjustments to GL for period close as necessary.
- Oversees internal monthly, quarterly and annual reporting ensuring it is complete, timely and accurate.
- Review financial statements for trends in direct margins and overheads. Margin reviews include drill downs into Line of Business and Product Line dimensions.
- Oversee accounting review of certain corporate customer, supplier and consulting contracts.
- Coordinates department?s participation in Annual Budget process supporting the FP&A department.
- Coordinates department?s engagement with external auditors.
- Lead the M&A accounting efforts and coordination with Operations.
- Develops Direct Reports - Sets department goals and objectives and manages to these. Defines performance measurement standards.
- Participates in staff performance related issues and periodic appraisals. Reports performance results based on key metrics. Develops staffing through involvement with the selection, training, career development and evaluation programs that promote skill building, career advancement and employee engagement.
- Supervisory or Management Responsibility ? Has the authority to direct supervisors / managers with functional area responsibilities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action, and performance reviews.
- Budget Responsibility ? Has full responsibility for planning, monitoring and managing budgets for assigned department.
- Independence of Action ? Sets direction and vision for the company's Accounting department. Establishes priorities, develops policies and allocates resources.
- Any other duty, task or responsibility as assigned.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Minimum Degree: Bachelor?s Degree (minimum)
- Course of study: Accounting, Business Administration or a related field
- Special Certification or Licensing: CPApreferred
- Special Requirements: May work beyond normal company hours due to business/customer need.
- Minimum 10 ?15years general experience; 5-7years supervisory experience
- Legal Age Requirements: At least 18years of age
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong technical, analytical and organizational skills
- Knowledge of IT audit concepts a plus
- PC skills including spreadsheet preparation
- Type of TravelRequired: Domestic
- Amount of TravelRequired: 10% - 20%
Base Salary: $140,000.00 to $170,000.00 (DOE) + Corporate Bonus
Full Benefits: Yes
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Travel Requirements: 20%
Number of Openings: 1
Cube Management is a global recruiting and consulting firm that helps companies accelerate their sales, by providing the top-level talent they need to grow their business. Cube Management is a leading recruiting and consulting partner to emerging growth, mid-market and global companies in the technology, manufacturing, healthcare, consumer package goods and business service sectors. We work across the spectrum of Operations, Sales, Marketing, Safety, Engineering, Accounting and Business Development, providing holistic solutions that drive revenue and profit success. Cube Management combines Strategy, Process and People, to produce great results.
For a complete listing of our current job listings please visit http://cubemanagement.com/candidates/job-listings