Berkeley Search Consultants has been engaged by a $100MM+ Electrical Contractor to conduct a search for a Controller. This company is a financially strong family owned business that customers have trusted for over 45 years. Consistently ranked as one of the Best Places to Work, our client has created an award-winning environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastically focused on serving customers.
We are partnering with our client to find an accounting professional that enjoys hands on responsibilities for all the accounting functions for the company. Reporting to the CFO, this role requires a GAAP and cost accounting expert who will manage and develop a team of 8-10 accounting professionals to insure excellent results. You will be a collaborative business partner, with a sharp ability to communicate complex accounting concepts to non-accounting leaders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages the accounting department on a day to day basis and responsible for timely and accurate completion of all accounting functions
• Becomes proficient in all company information systems
• Responsible for maintaining adequate internal controls
• Directs the accounting staff in the month end closing process
• Leads bi-weekly staff meetings with CFO
• Works with CPA’s on the annual review and income tax filings
• Responsible for other tax filings: sales tax, property tax, business licenses
• Assists CFO with the preparation of annual budgets
• Works with CFO to prepare the monthly reporting package
• Prepares financial analysis as requested by CFO
• Interacts with Senior Management
• Directs ad hoc analysis and special projects
• 4-6 years’ experience in a lead Controller’s role.
• 6-8 years demonstrated experience as a hands on Controller
• Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills
• Proven experience in building collaborative relationships across functional areas
• Extremely organized, detail oriented professional
• Self-starter with the ability to manage, prioritize, execute, and track multiple projects and issues
• BA/BS degree, CPA preferred
Valid through: 9/8/2020