Our client, a real estate property tech start up who are looking to disrupt a specific area of the real estate industry is looking to hire a Controller to join its rapidly growing team in its Miami office. This individual will be central to the scaling of the business as it continues to expand its footprint and product offerings.
Salary: $80- $100K
- Lead the implementation of internal control procedures and identification of inefficiencies and implementation of process improvements.
- Lead all financial statement preparation, presentation, and retention in accordance with IFRS
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures and internal business controls that ensure sustainable and profitable business growth.
- Oversee the management of the monthly/quarterly/annual accounting close process
- Review monthly financial statements and trend analysis to ensure completeness and accuracy of results in accordance with IFRS and compliance to internal policies, ensure account balances are fully reconciled, and manage the preparation of financial results in a timely manner
- Manage and ensure accurate, timely and efficient processing of all transactions which include Bank Reconciliation, Journal Entries, Fixed Asset, Prepaid Expenses, Monthly Accruals, and all Balance Sheet and P&L account reconciliations and analysis
- Provide technical accounting guidance relating to tax, equity, lease accounting, M&A and any other area reflective of business development and develop strategies for compliance with emerging accounting and tax rule changes and guidance from oversight bodies.
- Implement, enhance and scale financial accounting software
- Manage and oversee key external relationships with audit professionals, consultants, tax advisors and other third-party financial service providers
- Actively participate in providing input and the sharing of ideas with other financial personnel within the Corporation in order to promote and execute best practices throughout the financial areas of the Company.
- Perform all supervisory functions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Manage the processing of wires for real estate closings
- CPA required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS and maintains industry related technical expertise
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience; ideally, a public accounting/private industry mix
- Proven track record of building and leading accounting teams
- Proven ability to identify and drive process and system implementations and improvements including experience with enhancing and scaling financial accounting software
- Experience designing and implementing new policies and procedures
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills