We want to have a conversation with a professional who not only has the experience we are seeking, but also the values that our client is passionate about: cultivating deeper relationships with your coworkers and customers, fostering superior talent, running a business like and owner with an entrepreneurial spirit, and building strong communities.
Is this part of who you are as a leader? Then read on, trust your instincts, and let’s talk about the next step in your career. We are seeking a Controller in Eastern Iowa.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AS THE CONTROLLER
- Responsible for implementing accounting policies and new pronouncements or regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance and oversight of the Bank’s FDICIA controls.
- Oversee the reconciliation process of the Bank to ensure various data and accounts contained in the Bank’s general ledgers and various other financial reports to ensure accuracy and reasonableness of recorded financial transactions and that the transactions booked meet Bank’s policies/procedures, regulatory requirements and IRS guidelines.
- Acts as the liaison between the accounting department and other departments to resolve problems and/or responds to inquiries regarding general ledger and/or accounting related questions.
- Oversees and reviews work and provide support and direction to the accounting staff.
- Oversees preparation of the Bank’s monthly financial statement packages and other financial related reports for Board.
- Oversees Federal income tax and State taxes for month-end close, book the general ledger entries and maintain the deferred tax asset inventory, as well as the preparation and filing of the quarterly tax payment estimates and annual tax returns.
- Manages the investment entries, maintenance and reconciliation of the Bank’s investment portfolio.
- Manages accounts payable process
- Year end documentation (1099 Misc, etc.) and documenting procedures as required.
- Oversees the preparation and filing of the Bank’s quarterly call reports and FRY, which includes preparing reports and processes and providing direction for accounting staff to assist with preparing assigned schedules.
- Oversees the accounting and documentation for mortgage related items, which includes preparing reports and processes and providing direction for accounting staff to assist with necessary entries.
- Prepares financial related investor relations reports and documents.
- Assists CFO in the preparation of the Bank’s budget, annual report and proxy statement.
- Acts as the primary contact and responsible for the day-to-day operations for items related to Call Report, accounting guidance, investment, ALLL, and audits, financial reporting, general ledger, mortgage and Federal and State taxes.
- Represents the bank in a positive light in all professional duties. Participates in civic and community affairs, functions, and organizations promoting a positive involved “community image” for the bank.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE QUALIFIED AS AN CONTROLLER
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- Strong understanding of GAAP and control requirements, especially for financial institutions
- Experience working with general ledger, human resources/payroll, fixed asset and investment accounting systems.
- Experience with corporate income tax accounting and tax form preparation and filing.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in order to communicate effectively and tactfully at all levels of Bank staff, as well as with outside auditors and regulators.
- General knowledge of MS Office, with strong knowledge of Excel
- Ability to be agile and organized in an organization where change is frequent to meet deadlines.
- Ability to recognize and analyze problems and develop solutions.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE GREAT BENEFITS YOU WILL BE OFFERED
- Very competitive pay, plus annual bonus
- Health, dental, vision, disability, life, flexible spending
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) retirement plan