Multi-location company with an entrepreneurial culture is looking for a ?hands on? Controller. In this leadership role, you will coordinate and have responsibility for the accounting function and analyze results to aid management decision-making. This is a highly visible role with opportunity for professional development as this role will be groomed into a CFO role.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Serve treasury function, tracking monthly bank reconciliation and ensuring proper controls for cash on hand;
- Manage the month end close process with a focus on continuous process improvement in order to reduce the time it takes to close the books while maintaining the highest accounting quality;
- Financial analysis, account reconciliations and management reporting
- Oversee the activities of the disbursement department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payrolltax compliance.
- Oversee the activities of the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable cash receipts, cash application, cash control, cash management, daily funding reports
- Quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value.
- Recommend courses of action to help achieve financial goals of the company.
- Bachelor?s Degree in Accounting , Finance, Business Administration or related field
- 7+ years?experience in accounting.
- Treasury, GAAP, financialreporting
- Master?s degree in accounting or a related field
- Big 4 a plus
SKILLS - REQUIRED
Ability to ?roll your sleeves? up and perform many of the accounting duties;
Ability to multi-task;
Excellent communication skills (verbal, written) to convey findings to relevant personnel;
Ability to hire and mentor accounting professionals.
Ability to operate in an entrepreneurial environment and initiate changes by creating and presenting factual business cases