5 - 7 years experience • Leisure and Travel
Plan, direct, and manage the provision of accurate, timely financial data. Recommend and direct action when and where necessary. Safeguard owner assets by creating and maintaining sound internal control systems. Hire the most professional, service-oriented, dedicated highly skilled, trained staff available. Participate in total hotel management as a member of the hotel.
SUMMARY of RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates the organization's accounting personnel and needs
- Ensures compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), based on relevant laws and regulations and in accordance with the organization’s policies
- Acts as liaison between accounting, and other hotel departments
- Advise senior leadership on organization's financial processes
- Conduct internal auditing to improve processes and ensure compliance with SOP’s
- Compile, review, reconcile, prepare daily/monthly/quarterly and annual financialreporting.
- Direct oversight of the following functions:
- Balance Sheet & General Ledger entries and reconciliations.
- Revenue and Expense transaction activity to the General Ledger.
- Knowledge of PMS and POS transaction activity to the General Ledger.
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Internal Audit
- Payroll processing
- State and Local tax returns
Two years with same hotel company as Controller or three years as controller in another industry. Hotel accounting required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree (B.A) from four-year College or university; with at least two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures. Ability to write routine reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; talk and hear.
Job Type: Full-time
- Hotel Industry: 1year
- Controller: 5years