The Controller takes direction from the Senior Director of Finance on the overall administration, direction and integrity of the Finance department including: tax functions, financial systems, financialreporting and the International business/entity activity. This position is responsible for the company’s accounting practices, maintenance of its fiscal records, the preparation of the financialreports, financial support for the company management, oversight for the company asset security and internal control development and adherence.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain the integrity of all processes that drive financial data, including general ledger, cost accounting, AP/AR, payroll function, inventory reconciliation and forecasting.
- Establish effective internal controls to assure safeguarding of assets and reliability of financial statements.
- Develop and ensure compliance with company policies & accounting requirements.
- Perform timely and accurate preparation of monthly financial statements and other supplemental reporting and analyze results against budget, forecast and prior year performance.
- Drive process improvements that impact both financial and operational functions.
- Develop and manage initiatives to reduce and effectively utilize working capital and maximize cash flow.
- Identify and coordinate efforts to improve profitability of business.
- Monitor project costs, estimated to complete project and the risks associated.
- Performs cost analysis of performance to objectives in inventory levels, department budgets, plant performance, etc.
- Develop accurate budget and forecasts of profit and cash flow.
- Advise the CEO of company financial status and provide long range cost projections.
- Provide financial recommendations to management team.
- Coordinate efforts to comply with internal and external audits.
- Analyze capital equipment ROI.
- Maintain the fixed asset program and true machine run cost.
- Collaborate with management in the formation of credit policies.
- Establish and authorize credit approvals and administer special credit arrangements or deviations from standard terms.
- Conduct contract review to limit APCON’s financial and insurance claim exposure.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with strategic planning and developing a long range financial forecast.
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP.
- Ability to use Excel spreadsheets to organize/analyze and present financial data.
- Strong understanding of ERP systems (Accpac and MISys knowledge preferred), MS office tools, and financial analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Education and/or Experience
- 7-10+ years’ experience in accounting with increasing responsibilities.
- 3+ previous accounting leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance.
- CPA/CMA highly desired.
- International accounting exposure preferred.