American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
AIC strives to create a diverse and inclusive campus community that is representative, at all job levels, of the students we serve. We are an EEO employer and we welcome applications from individuals for positions where they are underrepresented.
- Responsible for general ledger closing, and overall financial statement reporting ensuring accuracy and reliability of financial information. Prepares and/or directs the preparation of reports on current operations, including trend projections as required (bank covenants, DOE Composite Score, and others)
- Generate accurate and timely financial statements and business activity reports for management and Board of Trustees
- Records/approves assigned journal entries; maintains GL account analyses
- Oversee Business Office/Accounting Grant and Endowment Fund accounting/reporting; liaison for College’s various departments, and Development Staff on accounting issues and record keeping
- Serves as liaison for the College’s annual independent, retirement plan and special audits
- Prepares regulatory reporting and tax returns
- Maintains Financial Edge and other accounting and control systems; assists with implementation of updates/changes
- Supervises Associate Controller
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to establish best practices
- Perform other tasks/projects as assigned
- Required Degree(s): BS Accounting
- Preferred Degree(s): MBA
- Required Field of Expertise: Accounting and finance
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Accounting and finance in higher education or the non-profit sector
- Required Training/Cert: CPA
- 5+ Years of overall combined accounting and financeexperience; including, but not limited to understanding financial data analysis, creating financial statements, general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to deliver quality work on tight deadlines, with strong priority setting skills
- Ability to work closely with senior management, board of trustees
This is a full-time, exempt, benefit eligible position. Normal office hours are 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, flexible to the needs of the department.