Req Id 63290
The Control Systems Specialist III position provides the day-to-day and after hours coordination and technical support for the Control System equipment and software at the site. This position may be responsible for the configuration and maintenance of control applications, process computers, DCS systems, databases and graphics, and potentially PLC’s and safety instrumented systems in a secondary role.
An individual in this position should possess 7-10 years of operations, I&E, or equivalent experience in an industrial environment. Alternatively, incumbents may possess an AssociateDegree in Electronics or Computer Systems Technology and have 5-8years of experience. To effectively perform the duties of this position the individual must also possess:
- Experience in DCS board operation or maintenance /troubleshooting or process control (Honeywell TDC3000 and/or Honeywell Experion C300 preferred) and Safety Instrumented Safety systems (Triconex preferred);
- Experiencewith configuration and programming of the DCS graphics, system components, databases, function blocks and ladder logic programming, and computer networking systems;
Must have the ability to learn and understand Windows operating systems and networking;
- Ability to learn and understand control theory as well as a commitment to drive efforts such as Alarm Rationalization;
- Must have excellent leadership, ethics, teamwork, and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization;
Self-started capable of managing assigned workload with minimal supervision and results orientated commitment;
Must be able to provide primary after hours support for control systems;
Excellent analytical skills to effectively evaluate system performance, troubleshooting equipment performance and mastery of continuous process improvement tools.
- Maintains regular contact with Process Operators and Engineers, Control Systems Engineer, and fellow Control System personnel to periodically review control system performance and to obtain assistance and services in the support of maintenance, implementation, and utilization of control applications. This includes identifying and implementing diagnostic testing tools and procedures for the process control systems.
- Support or team role for turnarounds and capital projects and ensure design and implementation is consistent with company engineering standards and plant best practices. Provide loop check, commissioning, and startup support.
Provide technical consultation, formal and informal training, and the development of documentation, standards, and procedures for Process Change Authorization (PCA – MOC) as it relates to role.
The current standard DCS requires knowledge of the Windows operating systems and networks. Job requirements may include the installation of software and troubleshooting of Windows based DCS/PC software and hardware on the process control network.
Provides after hours process control systems support.
Responsible for maintaining current database backups, software revisions, and DCS system patches. In addition, responsible for maintaining the related DCS and system software contracts and ensuring the availability of critical spare parts.
Designs, develops, and implements new Basic Regulatory and Advanced Process Control applications via assisting Control Systems Engineer where applicable.
Participates in Process Hazard Analysis and Incident Investigations as necessary and incorporates sound safety and environmental principles in all upgrades and design of control systems activities.