The Project Engineer reports directly to the Program Manager and indirectly to an Alyeska Lead. This position provides technical support for project design, deployment, management, and tracking of multiple medium to complex Operations Technology projects. This position is responsible for gathering quotes for materials and services, coordinating SPO/PS’s, tracking expenses in conjunction with cost engineer, receiving equipment or services, and disposing of decommissioned reequipment following Alyeska’s process. A successful candidate has six or more years of experience working with control system infrastructure including but not limited to: servers, applicants, virtualized environments, networking, familiar with cyber systems; and supporting mission critical systems.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Provides day to day technical oversight of contractors, vendors, and other groups involved in design and implantation to ensure all phases meet regulatory, safety, quality, cost, schedule, and operational requirements.
- Identify technical issues and works with APSC Technical Lead to resolve them, while keeping the project manager informed.
- This position requires the development of both temporary and permanent procedures, as well as other documentation including System Requirement Specifications, Management of Change (MOC) documentation, Communication and Training plans, etc.
- Provides technical review and recommends changes to System Design Specifications, Project Execution Plans, and procedures.
- Develops and/or review Issued for Review/Construction (engineering) packages, and other documentation that may be required of an Operations Technology project.
- The development of TIC estimates is also required.
- Coordinates and facilitate Risk Management, estimate reviews, and lessons learned sessions.
- Leads work to write and maintain project documentation, to include tracking Alyeska AMS-003 and AMS-004 deliverables (e.g. gate review documents, engineering packages, technical drawings, change requests) required in support of Projects.
- Assist the Alyeska Project Manager (PM) with projects in all stages.
- Assists with project implementation, to include equipment logistics, configurations, installing equipment in racks, cabling for electrical and communications.
- Responsible for gathering quotes for materials and services, coordinating SPO/PO’s, and tracking expenses in conjunction with cost engineer, receiving equipment or services, and disposing of decommissioned equipment following Alyeska’s process.
- Facilitate project meetings (Such as constructability reviews, procedure reviews, SOC, PHA, kick-off meetings, design reviews, status meetings, deployment meetings, etc.)
- Executes change management procedures.
- Track and communication implementation progress to Project team and Project Controls required.
- Track, assess, forecast and report on status of project deliverables.
- Support field logistics when required.
- Identify and recommend work management process improvements.
Other Job Responsibilities:
Minimum Requirements (Education, Experience, Training & Professional Certificates/Associations):
- Six (6) years’ experience working with control systems infrastructure including but not limited to: servers, applications, virtualized environment, networking, familiarity with cyber security systems; and supporting mission control systems. Other relevant experience may substitute.
- Six (6) years’ experience supporting or managing multidiscipline technology projects.
- Six (6) years’ experience with control/SCADA/PLC systems or similar.
- Four (4) years’ experience with windows systems, client/server applications, technology hardware (networking, data storage, servers, cyber security) Microsoft Office 2016 or higher, Microsoft Project, and Visio.
- Two (2) years’ experience with creating/managing/redlining engineering and technical drawings project.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Successfully pass a preemployment background check and drug screening.
- Previous TAPS experience
- Previous experience with SCADA and/or communication systems in a Process Safety environment
- Working knowledge of Alyeska project process, procedures, and documents
- Experience working with engineering teams and on engineering projects
- Engineering degree
- Experience with TechNIP FMC UCOS SADA control systems
- List all necessary Knowledge/Skills/Abilities and Experience needed to do the Essential Functions listed above.
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards and government regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.