Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the entirety of your organization embraces the vision of the Painesville plant and the corporation, setting clear expectations and ensuring goals are met.
- Maintain a positive work environment/culture that fosters efficiency, effectiveness and high morale while ensuring that all employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Provide strategic leadership, ensuring that all the information required to achieve the plant’s, department’s and group’s goals is available to, and understood by all involved.
- Promote and support the group’s efforts to achieve excellence in environmental, health, safety, and security performance. Also, provide visible safety leadership and take corrective and preventive action as appropriate.
- Maintain control system reliability. Support corporate control system cybersecurity initiatives.
- Manage the overall control system and instrumentation capital project workload from project scoping, cost estimation, through installation, and project turnover to Operations.
- Support installation, configuration, and maintenance of and hardware for DeltaV distributed control system, legacy software, and PLCs.
- Provide day-to-day plant automation support resources to the plant.
- Provide support and direction to maintain the SIS systems installed at the plant.
- Provide review and analysis of designs, drawings, and project documents prepared by staff and outside consultants.
- Develop and maintain department standards and practices for instrumentation selection and application. Develop and maintain controls system standard and practices.
- Develop, coach, and lead a team of engineers, designers, and administrative support staff.
- Ensure that all direct reports utilize the PCM process at least annually.
- Support the overall planning and prioritization instrument construction manpower requirements.
- Provide necessary support for non-routine tasks, shutdowns, and upset conditions, including outside of normal working hours.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Qualification, Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical/mechanical/electrical engineering from and accredited university with 7-10 years of engineering experience designing and specifying control systems and process instrumentation equipment.
- Experience developing scope and managing projects with DCS equipment. Proven configuration engineering batch automation experience.
- Experience with scoping and maintaining SIS systems.
- Understanding of the design and operation of chemical processing equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and chemical processes; identify problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions, and drive to a resolution.
- Knowledge of chemical industrial Environmental, Health, and Safety regulations,
- Knowledge of ISA standards and practices.
- Microsoft Office suite, including MS Project.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills (written and verbal).
Considered A Plus:
- Efficient use of SAP including project creation, budget tracking, and project tracking.
- Experience as a manager/administrator of a DeltaV DCS system.
- 5-7 years project management experience, with an established track record of successful projects. Project management experience must be in engineering or construction.
- Willing/able to work in plant (inclement weather) as required.
- Able to work in chemical processing areas.
- Work is performed within a controlled environment; noise levels in some areas require hearing protection.
- Able to climb stairs and industrial fixed ladders. Potential to work at elevated heights and/or use of mechanical personnel lift equipment.
- Ability to wear all required PPE.