The Worldwide Engineering Advanced Technology Team innovates, designs, and builds automation technology to streamline and reduce cost of operations in our Fulfillment Centers (FCs) while meeting our customers’ demands: shipping the products they ordered accurately and on time. Our team is developing the next generation of automated manufacturing and handling systems and the control software to interface between the machinery, the Associates in the FCs, and our Warehouse Control Systems (WCS) and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS). Our solutions need to be electromechanically robust, have bullet-proof control software, and provide availability, security, and easy operation in our worldwide network of hundreds of FCs.
We are looking for a Controls Software Project Engineer who is innovative, and can lead the design, testing, and deployment team of first-article solutions for FC automation equipment throughout Amazon’s Fulfillment Center network. These solutions need to be easy to ramp up for full network deployment as soon as they are proven.
In this role, you will work withotherDesign and Innovation Engineers, Controls Engineers, Operations Engineers, Installation and Maintenance Specialists, Software Engineers, TPMs, and Material Handling System (MHS) vendors & integrators todesign and develop solutions for a variety of process challenges such as high-speed package sortation, mechatronic & robotic material handling, 3D & 2D vision systems, order consolidation, and packaging. You will lead large-scale control engineering projects by coordinating aninternally and externally resourced teams todesign control system specifications, leveraging and building scalable distributed application software, and driving projects to production. You will also help develop strategy for core control systems and control equipment in the FCnetwork to ensure lifetime solution reliability. If you enjoy working on hard problems, directing a team to build sustainable control systems that have a huge impact, and working in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and innovation, then this is the job for you!
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechatronics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
· One year as a controls software and hardware team lead.
· 10+ years of relevant industry experience in integrating control subsystems, and with upper level control systems (WMS/WCS)
· At least three life-cycles of large-scale control system experience (Design, Development and Deployment) utilizing PLC programming (RSLogix, Factory Talk)
· Proven hardware mechatronics development experience,
· High level language coding skills in C, Codesys, Python etc.
· Able to program, design, implement HMIs in a variety of methodologies
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Master's degree in Mechatronics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline Experience with robot programming (Fanuc, ABB, etc.)
· Two years experience as a engineering manager of a team of 5 or more
· Experience with machine vision programming (Cognex, Keyence, etc)
· Knowledgeable in the design and implementation of control networks (Ethernet IP, EtherCAT)
· Fluent coding skills in .NET C++
· Experience with AWS and SQL
· Experience using Linux
Job ID: 621845