Dynalectric San Diego is an electrical contractor and a subsidiary of Emcor. A significant part of our business is the design, development, installation and commissioning of process control systems for pharmaceutical clients within Southern California. We offer a competitive and comprehensive salary and benefits package and a family-oriented environment. We have a methodical, transparent, collegial project approach and employ a staff of dedicated and seasoned control systems engineers who are committed to acting in the best interests of our clients. The development environments we most often work in are RAI FactoryTalk, Wonderware System Platform, RAI Logix5000 and OSI Pi.
The Engineer 3 has final responsibility for the design and development of PC and PLC based control systems. He/she will interact with the client and other project disciplines and trades during all stages of the project. The Engineer 3 must be well organized in support of multiple projects/assignments, be responsive to deadlines and provide direction to less senior project team members.
The Engineer 3 is responsible for all aspects of the system design, development and commissioning. Specific tasks include:
- Oversee the design of control systems architectures to satisfy user requirements for communications, integration, data acquisition and redundancy.
- Oversee the development of project related drawing and documentation packages such as wiring diagrams, bill of materials (BOMs), interconnect diagrams, control panels, specifications and manuals.
- Oversee the specification of instruments and valves.
- Oversee the selection of system components and suppliers.
- Oversee the configuration, programming, testing and troubleshooting of PLC based control systems, associated components and networks.
- Oversee the configuration, programming, testing and troubleshooting of graphical user interface software for PLC based control systems.
- Oversee the configuration, programming, testing and troubleshooting of data historian databases for PLC based control systems.
- Oversee the development of project specific system test protocols including FAT, SAT and SIT.
- Write detailed design specifications.
- Configure, program, test, and troubleshoot instruments and final control elements including control valves and VFDs.
- Lead interactive design reviews with the client and the client’s consulting engineers.
- Execute FAT, SAT and SIT protocols.
- Provide engineering support for system installation and commissioning foreman.
- Provide direction for junior members of the project engineering team.
- Prepare budgetary labor estimates for automation engineering tasks.
Eligibility for hire requires a permanent right to work (US citizen or green card) and either:
- A technical degree (e.g. ChE, ME, EE) from an accredited institution and demonstrated expertise in at least two of the performance domains below.
- A control systems engineering PE license
- Demonstrated expertise in all three of the performance domains below.
- Instrumentation and Final Control Elements: sensor technologies and characteristics, material compatibility, control valve sizing and selection, regulator sizing and selection, overpressure relief device selection, fieldbus design, control panel design, UL 508A compliance.
- Control System Design: codes and standards, hazard analysis and mitigation, specification development, system architecture development, test protocol development, control processors, relational databases, NFPA compliance, ISA compliance, ASME compliance.
- Control System Development: controllers and control logic, graphical user interfaces, time sequence databases, reporting, communication protocols.