Control Systems Engineer
5 - 7 years experience •
Control Systems Engineer control system experience in embedded marine systems.
CSRA LLC is looking for a Control Systems Engineer with control systems experience to work in at the Naval Surface Warfare Center – Carderock Division (NSWCCD) in Bethesda, Maryland. NSWCCD consists of approximately 2,000 scientists, engineers and support personnel working in more than 40 disciplines. NSWCCD is a state-of-the-art research, engineering, modeling and test center for surface and underwater platforms. This successful candidate with work closely with Engineers and Designers to provide research, development and test and evaluation on undersea vehicles. This candidate will interpret requirements, identify and address design parameters and engineering problems to ensure solutions are technically accurate and on schedule.
- Design control and simulation algorithm for submarine Steering and Diving and Hovering systems.
- Communicate with other engineers and technical experts on undersea ship maneuvering and hydrodynamics.
- Implement mechanical engineering principles, particularly marine vessel dynamics and digital control system design.
- Implement control system software for ship maneuvering and hovering algorithms.
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation on software systems.
- Author technical documents defining requirements, design, and interface requirements.
- Develop system architectures that are simple to test, well documented and technically accurate.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirement allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specification.
- BS or equivalent + 5 yrs related experience, or MS + 3 yrs related experience, or PHD in control theory
- Government Security Clearance
- Experience in classical and modern control theory
CSRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status or any other Characteristic Protected by Law.