Eaton, located in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, has an opening for Control System Lead Engineer in the Corporate Research &Technology organization. Corporate Research &Technology focuses on the front end of innovation by: conducting research to advance the state of the art, emphasizing cross-business impacttechnologies, and innovating to provide Eaton’s customers’ with safe, efficient, and reliable power management solutions. The Data Science &Technology team has the principal goal of identifying, developing, and justifying commercialization of significant growth opportunities for diverse Eaton businesses in the area of advanced controltechnologies inhydraulic systems,hydraulic motioncompensation,hydraulic system power management andindustrialhydraulics for wide range of applications. The Lead Engineer is expected to serve as a technical and/or project lead on projects within the Data Science &Technology team. They areresponsible for meeting theschedule, scope, cost and technical targets for all effortsunder their control. They are expected to contribute to technical papers and presentations as well as IP generation through authoring (or co-authoring) disclosures and patents. The Lead Engineer participates in brainstorming and design bursts contributing to thetechnology strategy for their department. Theysupport building business unit relationships by presenting ideas and projects, contributing to the development of compelling value propositions fortechnology work and acquiring resources and funding needed to ensure success. As a key member of the Data Science &Technology team the Lead Engineer is expected to develop themselves as a subject matter expert bothinternally and externally to Eaton. This includes attending conferences, seminars and/or consortium meetings in relevant industry tonetworkwith technical peers and stay relevant in their fields.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, ElectricalEngineering or Control System Engineering from an accredited institution
- 3years of experience in control technology development for hydraulics applications
- Proficient in model-based control system development using tools such as Matlab/Simulink, AMESim, and real-time control systems in both hardware-in-the-loop simulation and prototype systems.
- Expertise in control technology development such as motion compensation, adaptive controls and model-predictive power management.
- Strong technical publication and invention record
- Domain knowledge in hydraulics technologies (such as propel/work circuit controls, motion compensation, intelligent hydraulic components, MOEM, and off-highway vehicles)
- Able to drive strong business case with key stakeholders and create new commercial applications for Eaton
- Recognized externally as a subject matter expert. This may be evident through invitations to present a technical presentation or publish in a technical journal as SME to an audience of technical/industry peers
- PhD preferred in control system engineering, mechanicalengineering, electricalengineering or a related field.
- Experience in hydraulics control technology development, performing dynamic systems modeling and analysis, performing technology research and development from concept to implementation.
- Experience in the following areas: Hydraulics component/system; Hydraulics powertrain management solutions; advanced control and analytics; intelligent system; embedded systems.
- Experienced in engaging with business stakeholders and OEM customers, and developing strong partnerships in key research areas.
- Experience in leading projects.
- Experience in writing government proposals;
- DFSS Green Belt
Eaton is a power management company with 2016sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID: 037089