Primary Purpose: This position is responsible for software engineering project requirements involving control system design implementation, HMI programming, System Architecture, Network, Requirements and Commissioning.
- Must love solving problems and being challenged.
- Must be organized, technically competent, have effective oral and written communications, experienced in working in a multi-disciplined environment and interfacing with engineers, designers, and drafters.
- Designs, develops, and implements HMI/PLC control system (logic software) to meet process requirements. As well as the ability to understand and implement client design standards for software system.
- Understanding of control system components and instrumentation to properly design software interface/control to achieve system functionality
- Develops documents detailing control/software configuration and design. Documents include: Theory/Description of operation, Detailed control system design description, Software design plan, Detailed software implementation/description, system implementation/acceptance test plans
- Knowledge of analyzing system design for Hazard analysis development and mitigation
- Knowledge of design, troubleshooting, and code implementation for the following programming languages: Ladder logic (required), C++ (preferred), visual basic (preferred), and structured text (required)
- Ability to perform processor loading calculations, scan time analysis, input/output response timing analysis, control system network delays analysis, and program task/code block priorities/timing management/interface
- Can design code that is efficient (not processor resource heavy) while maintaining a minimalist implementation to help facility future modifications and understanding by client post turnover. This includes providing any documentation and/or tools that will assist with program understanding and troubleshooting.
- Ability to diagnose control system issues during troubleshooting to assist in determining root cause (trending, system analysis, test logic, etc.)
- Ability to minimize secondary faults from occurring within logic by programming “smart” diagnostics that can determine root cause and minimize further effects caused by initial fault.
- Will assist with initial start-up and debug integrated systems and the development of system documentation.
- Individual will be working on automation and control system integration projects for clients in industries such as entertainment and manufacturing.
- Will act as technical lead on projects and guide lower level engineers, technicians, and contractors.
- Education –Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. (Directly related experience may be substituted for degree)
- Experience –5+ years in the following areas is preferred: Ethernet based control systems, safety systems, instrumentation, components, logic programming, HMI/DCS programming (i.e. Wonderware System Platform, Historian, Etc) Experience with instrumentation and controls/PLC system design (i.e. Allen Bradley, Modicon, Siemens) required. SQL, C++, Python, Agile
- Key Competencies – Knowledge of contract documents and specifications. Ability to collect field data and accurately record findings. Ability to perform system design functions. Planning, Customer Focused, Timely Decision Making, Informing, Organizing, Priority Setting, Problem Solving.
- Skills – All employees are required to be proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows and Office environments.
- Ability to travel up to 35%.
Physical Demands of Position:
Seeing, color perception, hearing, listening, clear speech, dexterity in hands, driving, lifting, climbing, ability to mount and dismount equipment, pushing, and pulling
Standard office environment, On-site office environment, and diverse industrial environments
Frequent PC usage, fax machines, copy machines, phones.