This position supports all departments. It is a broad scoped position that will get involved with overall systems planning, equipment selection and day to day support. They will support maintenance and production personnel to ensure efficient operation of production and support equipment as well as installing and programming new equipment for production purposes. Knowledge base will be broad scoped and should include a general understanding of industrial equipment and project management.
- Responsible for reporting plant safety and food safety issues.
- Manage new line installations and other projects as directed by the Site Manager.
- Train plant personnel regarding new or modified equipment or processes.
- Update logics and configure HMI to improve operations as needed.
- Configure PLC’s, HMI’s, computers, networks, cameras, and variable frequency drives which are used to control blowmolders, palletizers, conveying and other related equipment.
- Troubleshooting network issues as needed.
- Support the plant Facility Maintenance team during major outages, equipment failures or upgrades
- Manage the selection of new equipment when requested and present the decision making process of those selections
- Implement electrical and mechanical best practices into project launches.
- Lead the plant Energy Team.
- Manage the Electrical Safety Program.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Related degree (A.S./B.S.) or a combination of experience (20 years of field experience) and education
- Excellent interpersonal skills as demonstrated in the context of the interview process and/or references.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Detail oriented as demonstrated during the interview process and/or through references.
- Project management experience inclusive of equipment install, launch and budget adherence.
- Hands-on experience in industrial safety operations.
- A self-managed individual who is a team player, and can deliver results under minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand and work from electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Experience with Rockwell Automation Studio 5000, FactoryTalk view, and Connected Component Workbench.
- Experience with Yaskawa, Kollmorgen, and Allen Bradley VFDs.
- Experience with Ethernet TCP/IP.
- Basic knowledge with Siemens, Schneider, and Fanuc 8020.
- Basic experience with AutoCAD. Must be available for extended hours / occasional weekends per plant needs.
- Regularly stand / walk for long periods of time, up to 12 hrs per day
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to reach overhead, bend down and work on a ladder as needed.