JOB TITLE: Control Engineer
POSITION REPORTS TO: Branch Manager
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION: The management of projects of moderate scope or importance by means of performing electrical design, PLC program design/development, HMI application design/development, solution testing/debugging, commissioning, and post-installation support.
JOB OBJECTIVE: To provide innovative integrated solutions for BCI customers through controls engineering.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 25% - 30%
International travel may be included
LABOR CLASSIFICATION: Salaried/Exempt
1. QUALIFICATIONS1.1 Requirements
- BS in Engineering; EIT or P.E. Preferred
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Ability to maintain credit card with sufficient credit line for business use
- Ability to work in the US without restriction
1.2 Skills & Experience
- Experience with controls engineering, which includes project management experience in associated disciplines:
- 2 – 4years of experience with BCI, or
- 3years of experience with no EIT, or
- 5 or more total years of experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects of moderate scope or importance.
- Ability to develop new or improved techniques to improve efficiency or solve complex design requirements.
- Specific technical experience to include:
- PLC Program design/development
- HMI design/development
- IndustrialNetworks and Communication Protocols
- Industrial power distribution, conversion and equipment utilization
- Instrumentation (sensor selection/application, limits, scaling, calibration techniques, display/decoding equipment, etc.)
- AutoCAD techniques – Schematic design of control and motor wiring, power distribution, panel layouts
- AC and DC rotating machines
- Loop control and tuning techniques
- Relevant codes and standards
- Strong electricaltroubleshooting skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficiency with MS Excel and Word
1.3 Personal Attributes
- Professional work ethic
- Professional Appearance
- Capable of leadership
- Team player
- Conscious of salesmanship with regard to company posture (i.e., policies, workloads, customer relationships, etc.)
- Ability to communicate with supervisor in an open and direct manner (e.g., If some issues are causing personal discontent, then those issues need to be made known to the supervisor and/or company senior management).
- Management of projects of moderate scope or importance.
- Engineering project design and development.
- Responsible for project schedule, budget, deliverables and quality.
- Coordinate with department managers to assemble project teams.
- Provide guidance for sales estimating methods as needed.
- Compliance with BCI internal procedures for design, re-use and overall quality program.
- Complete time sheets daily, submit weekly
- Complete Field Service Reports for field work
- Current on BCI safety training and compliance with safety requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
3. INDIVIDUALITY AND SKILL UTILIZATION
Employees who hold the same title and fall under the same job description remain individuals and may possess individual skills and abilities not listed specifically on his/her respective job description. It is imperative to the sustained growth of the company that employees are adequately challenged and individualized skill sets are used to their fullest potential. Therefore, two individuals holding the same title may be assigned duties and responsibilities specific to their own personal skills which are not specifically listed on the job description.
4. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Employee will be required to work for our customers on the job site and physical demands are in excess of those for sedentary work. Employee must be able to remain on feet for extended periods of time, stoop, kneel, crouch, push, pull, climb, balance, and at times perform manual labor. Must be able to lift/carry normal field equipment such as BCI standard laptop computers with case and accessories and test equipment such as meters and/or network testing devices and be in good physical condition. Hearing and sight must be within acceptable limits, or corrected to acceptable limits. He/she must be able to negotiate ladders, catwalks and stairs.
MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DRUG TEST