A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to projects for civil agencies like NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, commercial companies, universities, and international organizations in the national interest.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
- Leads, manages and staffs the department in support of Aerospace satellite and payload customers
- Develops strategic plans and adjusts technical skills mix with respect to a dynamic customer portfolio consisting of satellite and payload control systems across a variety of SMC, NRO and commercial programs
- Develops and maintains staff core expertise and extends the state of the art in the following areas: attitude estimation and calibration, controls and dynamics
- Encourages technical growth of personnel and mentors new managers
- Leads, formulates, defines and contributes to studies and assessments that expeditiously address and resolve critical problems or mitigate and/or characterize risk
- Exhibits creativity and innovation to increase the efficiency and pace of engineering processes
- Develops new skills, tools and expertise to support strategic planning
- Authors proposals and defines strategies for new business growth
- Applies systems engineering judgment and skills to control problems that cross other technical domains, such as optics, structures, power, thermal, etc.
- An advanced degree in aerospace, mechatronics, mechanical or electrical engineering, or related field
- Typically twelve years or more of applicable technical experience with spacecraft and payload control systems
- Must have demonstrated management experience, including task definition/execution, personnel supervision, planning/goal development, and the ability to effectively interact and communicate with program offices, customers, contractors and colleagues
- Applicant must have a current and active Top Secrect security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain SCI access
- Broad controls expertise ranging from the academic to the practical/implementation-specific
- Experience in one of the following technical disciplines within controls, is desired: filtering and estimation, spacecraft dynamics and control, payload pointing estimation and control, and advanced control applications
- Knowledge of the application and use of control analysis/simulation and computing tools such as Matlab/Simulink, multibody dynamic programs
- Other favorable attributes include the following: cooperativeness, initiative, decision-making ability, ability to multitask and handle high workload and deliver results
- Must have excellent writing, speaking, and briefing skills
- Current and active TS/SCI clearance
Requisition ID: 29241