Contributions and Exchanges Systems Engineer
Our client, one of the top global Media Firms is seeking a Contributions and Exchanges Systems Engineer to assist their team in New York, NY.
This candidate will join the Engineering Contribution Entitlements Team, this team develops and supports Global Data Contributions and Exchanges Systems.
The team provides a high-performance robust entitlement system that controls real-time client access to all Exchanges and 3rd Party contributed data across the platform and Data products. They develop infrastructures for various applications to query whether a customer has access to content on Terminals, and BPipe, Data License, Server API, or Media on Enterprise products.
They are currently overhauling their access control infrastructure. You will be working on building a new C++ based services access control system running on Linux. The system uses state of art proprietary and industry standard cache strategies to serve permission checking requests at microsecond level. The system will also provide monitoring, diagnostic, and developer tools using different technologies like MQ, Splunk, and proprietary telemetry system GUTS, etc...
- 4+ years of professional experience in C++
- 4+ years of professional experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Microservices / Distributed architecture
- Scriptinglanguages (e.g Python)
- Virtualization, Containerization and orchestration tools (e.g Openstack, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Continuous integration, testing and deployment tools (e.g Jenkins, GoogleTest, Chef)
- Queuing technologies (e.g RabbitMQ)
- Caching technologies (e.g Redis)