JOB SUMMARY: Drafts, reviews, analyzes, negotiates and processes contracts and related documents to insure accuracy for operational/project teams in accordance with the Contracts Policies and Procedures and all applicable Universal Orlando Systems. Work in conjunction with Legal, Risk Management, and Finance Departments. Trains and mentors new Representatives and Administrators in UO's contract process and guidelines.
- Drafts complex contracts and Change Orders using standard boilerplate forms or creating new forms if required. Tracks requested revisions from vendors and brings to Attorney's attention any provisions requiring negotiation. Delegates draft correspondence for signature by Attorneys concerning contract negotiations and various other legal issues. Tracks review process through execution.
- Reviews draft contracts and other work product prepared by Contract Administrators and other support staff.
- Assists with preparation of bid packages including selection of contracts and preparing scope of work. Supervises others' negotiation of standard deal points. Assists project team/client with contract dispute settlement negotiations.
- Trains new contract representatives and other departments in Universal Orlando's contract process and guidelines. Meets with other departments to assess needs.
- Oversees and audits review of Contract Commitment Requests for compliance with company policy.
- Verifies insurance coverage, Vendor qualification, and prepares Notice of Commencements. Prepares Letters of Authorization. Coordinates with successful bidder for execution of final contract.
- Monitors contract files for document control, and retention of files. Monitors Notice to Owners and coordinate lien activities as needed. Project liaison with Legal, Risk Management, Finance, Accounting, and Minority Business Affairs Departments.
- Supervises and train other Contracts Administrators as directed by the Director, Contracts.
- Assists with claims administration. Ensures compliance of contractual obligations and that partnership policies and procedures/internal controls are followed in all transaction related to this role.
SCOPE: Moderately routine; general policies applied. Decision-making required. Influences decisions of moderate nature requiring high degree of tact.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university required.
EXPERIENCE: 7-10 years contract experience in drafting, analyzing, amending and negotiating contracts required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 1-2 years' experience in supervising others. Excellent contract writing skills required.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE: Construction relate experience preferred
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.