The Contracts Specialist manages, administers, and serves as the project’s primary point of contact for all contract administration activities to include administration of the prime contract, direction of the procurement function, managing subcontract administration in support of the Base Operations Support contract, Naval Air Station, Pensacola, FL.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conducts day-to-day contract administration activities in accordance with organizational policies and procedures with responsiveness and to meet deadlines while maintaining internal and external customer service.
- Analyzes and interprets contract requirements, including all terms and conditions, FAR/DFARS and Agency Supplementals to ensure compliance with the same.
- Prepares proposals for additions, deletions, and changes to the prime contract as requested by the customer. Negotiates and accepts contract modifications.
- Coordinates the receipt and submission of all formal contract correspondence, requests for cost data, contract deliverables and workload data.
- Advises management regarding contractual rights, obligations, and other contractual matters, such as effective use of resources and legal issues.
- Manages the negotiations of contract changes with customer.
- Manages contract change process and works with Operations/program management, Finance, and other disciplines to mitigate performance risk.
- Serves as primary customer interface for internal and external customers for contract matters.
- Responds to complex inquiries regarding contract obligations and revisions.
- Reviews and manages contract obligations in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations, and customer requirements.
- Maintains electronic contract files in accordance with organizational processes and procedures.
- Enters and manages contractual documentation within document repository management systems.
- Supports Government audits as required.
- Ensures compliance and completion of annual required FAR/DFAR/Agency reporting.
- Exercises discretion and sound judgment. Handles confidential and highly sensitive information with professionalism and unquestionable integrity.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Must have a BS/BA in related field or equivalent combination of education and training, with 7+ years directly related experience in administering contracts with the Federal Government and commercial.
- Must have experience managing contract compliance, schedule, cost performance, and customer satisfaction.
- Must have strong knowledge of the federal acquisition process, contract principles, and government regulations, including FAR/DFAR/Agency Supplementals.
Licenses & Certifications:
Professional certifications: CFCM, Master’s Certifications, NCMA, ESI, NAPM, and/or college level certifications are preferred.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must have advanced knowledge of the federal acquisition process, Federal contracting principles, and governing regulations (including FAR/DFAR/Agency Supplemental and CAS).
- High integrity and an unyielding commitment to ethics and compliance.
- Knowledge of Contractual Cybersecurity requirements in accordance to the FAR/DFAR.
- Must have solid contract drafting and negotiation skills and demonstrated experience in contract administration.
- Must have hands-on experience writing Request for Equitable Adjustments (REAs) and an in-depth knowledge of managing contract changes
- Possess excellent verbal, analytical, and written communication skills.
- Have a basic knowledge of Government databases, industry practices, techniques and skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, provides problem resolution, and creates trusting relationships with all customers.
- Problem-solving skills, critical thinking, innovation, and integrity required.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail required.
- Must be able to participate in a team to meet all commitments within a required deadline.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include well developed analytical, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to implement and direct the following of organizational processes and procedures.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and hands-on experience with Costpoint is preferred.
- Knowledge of Contract Lifecycle Management systems.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.