Job Summary: Plans and coordinates various contracts actions to win, negotiate, administer and close contracts for Cubic|Nuvotronics. Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations and contractual terms and conditions for assigned proposal activities and contracts. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiates and administers contracts for Cubic|Nuvotronics. Duties include: proposal planning, proposal preparation, administration of contracts, and contract closeout, subject to appropriate Company and departmental approvals, with U.S. government and non-government customers as well as foreign customers.
- Directly responsible for preparation of solicitations, negotiation and execution of key subcontracts with U.S. and foreign suppliers under prime contracts within the Senior Contracts Administrator's cognizance and responsibility.
- Coordinates with Business Development, Program Management, Engineering, Business Unit Management, and Cost Estimating personnel on proposal preparation and submittal. Negotiates with customers, working directly with a team of cognizant functional department personnel in conducting the negotiations to assure the contracts are of maximum benefit to Cubic|Nuvotronics.
- Ensures compliance with departmental and company-wide contract policies and procedures so that work performed meets legal, regulatory, contractual and Company requirements, in accordance with the Contracts Department Desk Guide.
- Keeps Contracts Department and cognizant functional and program managers informed of outstanding issues that may impact program, departmental and/or Company objectives for assigned contracts.
- Reviews solicitation requirements and provides a risk assessment to Proposal/Program Managers.
- Upon receipt of a signed contract, prepares sales orders to authorize work to be completed.
- Supports advanced planning and other functions of the Subcontract Management Team for assigned contracts/subcontracts.
- In coordination with Export Lead, Shipping Team and GTC, complies with export license requirements and ensures shipments of hardware and delivery of technical data are completed in accordance with Cubic's Export Compliance Manual.
- Ensures compliance with U.S. statutes and regulations, particularly Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and foreign government statutes and regulations as they apply to Cubic|Nuvotronics' contracts/subcontracts.
- Negotiates Non-Disclosure Agreements, Memoranda of Understanding/Agreement and similar Agreements in support of programs assigned in coordination with Legal Counsel.
- Mentors personnel in Program Management, Engineering, Business Development, Quality and Material in Contracting law, regulation and process.
Within assigned portfolio of contracts:
- Monitors the status of all data and hardware deliveries and advises management of anticipated/actual delinquencies.
- Ensures that contract billings and payments are submitted and received in a timely manner. This includes follow-up on unbilled receivables or overage billings.
- Ensures that contract databases are updated in an accurate and timely manner.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree, in business, economics or accounting, or similar field, plus a minimum of six years' of related experience. Requires a working knowledge of federal acquisitions regulations (FAR), Department of Defense FARs and International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR). Experience in international contracts is desirable.
Proficient in the use of PC and associated software, including spreadsheet applications. Possess analytical skills necessary in order to organize, plan, execute and administer contracts and agreements with various customers. Demonstrate interpersonal skills necessary to interact in extremely delicate, sensitive and/or complex situations dealing with U.S. and foreign agencies and commercial customers. Ability to prioritize projects and work under tight deadlines. Must be able to travel domestically and internationally, if required. US Citizenship required. Must maintain, or be eligible to pursue, a U.S.security clearance.