$200K — $250K *
Job ID: 550923BR
Date posted: Mar. 01, 2021
Locations: Palmdale, California
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine .
Serves as a Contracts Manager for various ADP Contracts, including the U-2 Program, classified programs, and the Buellton Advanced Machining (BAM) portfolio. The selected candidate will be responsible for a team of administrators that covers all facets of contracting, proposal development, negotiation, and contract administration. Due to the nature of research and development, and challenges with sustainment contracting activities, strategic contracting arrangements being proposed, negotiated and administered and the extensive interface with the US Government Program Office (both classified and unclassified), this position will require a multi-skilled individual with exceptional organizational and management skills.
Demonstrated track record of success building high performance teams in a fast paced environment.
The selected candidate will develop and apply advanced concepts, techniques, standards and solutions to unusually complex contracting issues, which requires a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation. Reviews and evaluates customer requests for proposal or revisions to contracts. Provides risk assessments and offers alternative approaches to mitigate risks, including alternative contractual language. Evaluates and coordinates proposals, and investigates and reconciles significant contract changes involving cost, specifications, and schedules.
Manages the negotiation, administration, extension, termination, and renegotiations of all standard and nonstandard contracts. Responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions. Oversees the evaluation of contract performance to determine necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts, and compliance to contractual obligations. Ensures communications are maintained for timely contract execution by all parties. Ensures final contract documents are consistent with agreements reached at negotiations.
Candidate will be required to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and a security clearance.
What's In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Palmdale, CA Discover Palmdale.
- Bachelors Degree or higher
- Contracts/procurement experience
- Experience with FAR/DFARS
- Experience working with multiple contract types for example (Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), Time & Material (T&M), etc.).
- Bachelors Degree or higher with 10 years of related experience.
- Strong Full Spectrum Leadership skills including emphasis on mentoring and coaching.
- Experience with Invoicing and Billing.
- Experience with ECS and eIWTA systems.
- Self-starter who requires virtually no supervision.
- Ability to comprehend complex financial and business concepts and evaluate/assess the "Business Deal".
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and achieve program goals and meet team deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to evaluate and understand the business aspects of RFPs, BAAs, SOWs and TDs to ensure business goals/commitments are achieved.
- Strong advocate and role model of Culture of Accountability (COA).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation experience.
- Experience in MS Office applications
- Experience with all phases of contracts management
- Experience working with all levels of management including high-level customer interface, internal/external
Other Important Information You Should Know
Valid through: 4/28/2021