Job Description :
This position requires a unique combination of Contracting, Proposal Development and Negotiation expertise.
Due to the nature of research and development, strategic contracting arrangements being proposed, negotiated and administered and the extensive interface with the US Government Program Office(both classified and unclassified), this position will require a multi-skilled individual.
Develops and applies advanced concepts, techniques, standards and solutions to unusually complex problems, which require the regular use a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation.
Solutions may serve as precedent for future decisions. Reviews and evaluates customer requests for proposal or revisions to contracts.
Provides risk assessments and offers alternative approaches to mitigate risks, including alternative contractual language.
Evaluates and coordinates proposals, and investigates and reconciles significant contract changes involving cost, specifications, and schedules, etc.
Manages the negotiation, administration, extension, termination, and renegotiations of all standard and nonstandard contracts. Responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
Oversees the evaluation of contract performance to determine necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts, and compliance to contractual obligations. Insures communications are maintained for timely contract execution by the parties.
Ensures final contract documents are consistent with agreements reached at negotiations. Personally negotiates and administers significant orders and sales. Candidate will be required to obtain a Final Top Secret Clearance.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and a security clearance.
- Bachelors Degree and at least 10 years contracts/procurement experience
- Experience with all phases of contracts management.
- Extensive FAR/DFARS knowledge and experience.
Experience working with multiple contract types (FFP, FPIF, CPFF, T&M, etc).
Experience in MS Office applications
Experience working at all levels of management including high-level customer interface.
- Experience with ECS and eIWTA systems.
- Self-starter who requires virtually no supervision.
- Ability to comprehend complex financial and business concepts.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and achieve program goals and meet team deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Full Spectrum Leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong negotiation experience.