This position reports to the Vice President, Government Solutions. The successful candidate shall bring to bear advanced experience and knowledge in federal contracts for pre- and post-sales contract administration.
This position performs multiple contracts functions including the following:
- Supervise a team of contracts specialists who may be entry-level to senior.
- Perform as Small Business Liaison Officer (SBLO) and manage Mentor-Protégé program.
- Administer, manage and negotiate prime contracts; may include FFP, T&M, Cost Reimbursable, and FAR 8.4. Administer TINA-compliant process for cost proposals.
- Assess contractual and business risk of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and othercontractual requirements under solicited prime and sub-contracts. Advise on risk response and recommend contract acceptance. Select appropriate clauses and provisions for flow-down to subcontractors;
- Assure compliance with Government procedures and practices, regulations and guidelines;
- Lead expert on contractual matters for team members, management, contracting officers and other external parties;
- Prepare, review and negotiate teaming agreements, nondisclosure agreements (NDAs), federal subcontracts, subcontracts from construction prime contractors, and other commercial contract instruments, ensuring that company standards are maintained;
- Supervise preparation and submission of monthly, semi-annual, and annual compliance reports, as needed;
- Assure Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) process for new orders and contracts;
- Record and maintain files and databases for contract documents.
- Maintain contracts operational procedures.
- Train and guide contracts staff and other team members in contractual requirements, processes,
- Black Box Network Services templates, checklists and procedures
- Black Box Network Services standard agreements and formats
- Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and other agency regulations (GSA, FAA, USPS, etc.)
- Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS) and Guidance
- Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- Defense Contract Audit Agency Contract Audit Manual (DCAM) and other DCAA guides
- Code of Federal Regulations; United States Code
- International business compliance and requirements; SOFA policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, (or equivalent experience)
- Ten+ (10) years’ experience demonstrating progressively greater responsibility in the field of government contracts management
- Supervision of employees
- Training in topics of federal contract administration; CFCM a plus
- Demonstrate solid understanding of contract terms, negotiation, FAR, CAS, applicability of flow-downs, and other unique federal government requirements
- Demonstrated experience administering prime contracts, subcontracts, and agreements
- Demonstrated ability to recognize problems, research answers, and escalate appropriately
- Professional attitude with the ability to interact with executives and customers at all levels
- Monitor and assess contractual financial performance
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and manage multiple tasks
- Organize and track information and files via Excel and company database(s)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- US. Citizen; Security clearance a plus