JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the day to day management of the Universal or Universal Creative contracting process, including the issuance of request for proposals (RFPs), invitation for bid (IFB’s) and contract documents for all facility construction, architectural & engineering (A&E) design, consultant agreements and creative works. Initiate and manage negotiation of terms and conditions of each type of contract and change orders with bidders/consultants/contractors/vendors with supervision of and input from the Director, Contracts as needed. Ensure consistent contractual company policies and procedures are followed by team. Assist project team with contract dispute and internal control compliance to ensure integrity of partnership transactions. Supervises other Contracts Administrators as directed by Director, Contracts. Implements and manages the development, implementation and management of contract administration processes, including form agreements and legal documents with supervision of and input from the Director, Contracts as needed. Work in conjunction with Legal, Risk Management, and Finance Departments. Understands and trains on all applicable Universal Orlando Systems.
- Directly responsible for managing the contract administration for all projects, including, as applicable, pre-qualification of bidders; securing of confidentiality agreements; issuing, receiving, and managing requests for proposals; ensuring compliance with bid review and contract award procedures; preparing and negotiating (with Director supervision and input from the SVP, Legal & Business Affairs as needed) contracts and work authorizations (including scopes of work, milestone schedules, and payment schedules); obtaining all required internal approvals; arranging for signatures; verifying required insurance coverages; attending project team meetings; and managing all contracts until successful close out. If required supervises other Contracts Administrators and Contract support staff (i.e. Contract, Coordinators and Interns).
- Proofs all contracts and change orders under $100k dollar value.
- Drafts all training materials and trains project teams and contract administrators in the Contract Policies and Procedures.
- Manages retention policies and contract file processes.
SCOPE: Moderately routine; general policies applied. Decision-making required. Influences decisions of moderate nature requiring high degree of tact.
- Working department awareness; awareness of overall Company goals.
- Management of standard policies and procedures and facilitates work through direct supervision or project management.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree and prior experience drafting and negotiating contracts, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 9-12 years contract experience in drafting, analyzing, amending, negotiating, and monitoring contracts required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Construction related contract experience highly desired.
- 3-5 years’ experience in managing others
- Excellent contract writing skills required.