When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called “nacelles.” UTC Aerospace Systems’ Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
The nature of our global business is complex, and we rely on our Legal, Contracts and Compliance (LCC) team to help us get the job done. As a valued partner across our business, the LCC team plays a key role in our company’s success. Our LCC team members bring their passion, expertise and humor to everything they do, from safeguarding our employees' creative ideas to helping us maintain the highest standards of ethical behavior. Enjoy working with diverse groups? Want opportunities to grow your career at a fast-paced, global enterprise? If you want to bring your legal expertise to the aerospace industry, our team could be a great fit for you.
- Draft, generate, interpret, review, negotiate, and manage complex contract documents, in accordance with internal and external customer schedules and requests, and ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Manage existing contracts to ensure compliance to contract terms, identify and seek adjustment for out of scope changes, and to mitigate risk areas.
- Directs analysis and prepares reports to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Coaches and guides junior professionals and reviews their work to ensure output is of quality and in accordance with business objectives.
- Conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to ensure contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Review and comment on Non-Disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements and other such agreements in the course of business.
- Ensures implementation of improvements to processes to enhance department performance and effectiveness.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Federal Government Contracting.
- Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and the various contract types.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of an organization (internally and externally).
- Able to work expeditiously under time constraints.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Results oriented; working collaboratively and effectively in a fast-paced manufacturing business environment.
- Previous experiencesupporting company Continuous Improvement initiatives, including standard work and business financial goals.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- SAP knowledge
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Management, Finance or related field is required.
- Masters Degree is preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 67824BR