Develops, assesses, analyzes and executes domestic and international commercial and government contracts, agreements, rebates or other binding documents. Mentors Associate Contract Managers and below. Helps train new hires. Identifies and provides advice to internal departments regarding key business issues/risks within contractual documents, developing contractrisk mitigation strategies, and negotiates to obtain favorable contract terms. Identifies process improvements, participates cross department projects to implement continuous improvement initiatives. Manages, researches/prepares responses to highly complex RFP, RFI and RFQs that encompass Tech Data global sales (international subs).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Required
- Works with a variety of business leaders/representatives and others in developing new domestic and international contracts, rebates agreements or negotiating changes to existing documents
- Works with suppliers, vendors, customers, contractors and others inside and outside the company in accordance with their assigned responsibilities
- Reviews and negotiates distribution agreements, reseller/sales agreements related addenda to establish and maintain working relationships between Tech Data and its vendors and customers
- Reviews complex Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Requests for Quotation (RFQ) and purchase orders
- Identifies requirements and risks in contractual documents
- Provides unique services and assistance in support of global business relationships between regions
- Resolves issues, concerns and problems within the scope of designated authority and policies related to contracts negotiations
- Coordinates and liaises between internal company departments to achieve resolution of contract issues, internal escalations and ensure negotiations represent the common interests of all departments involved.
- Participates in departmental and cross-departmental projects
- Mentors junior positions in the department
- Performs research of contract materials to support internal audits, SOX compliance, external auditors, and internal Tech Data business units
- Effectively works in the contracts database tool which handles workflow and functions as the contracts repository
- Manages workload and additional projects with conflicting timelines and deliverables
- Trains new hires into the department
- Performs additional duties as assigned
Qualifications, Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities and Working Conditions
- Freedom to act. Operates under minimal supervision, within established guidelines.
- Exercises a high level of independent thinking and problem solving capabilities.
- Empowered to provide contract terms interpretation to business stakeholders.
- Conducts negotiations independently.
Job Impact on end results:
- Company-wide (including international subsidiaries)
- High impact. Affects all major functional areas of front office and supporting back office functions.
- company-wide (including international subsidiaries in Americas)
- Specific skills and experiencerequired.
- Typically, 3 to 5 years of relevant experience developing, assessing, analyzing and executing business or governmental contracts, agreements and other binding documents or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform job duties
- Legal training or othereducational background stressing business/legal analytical and writing skills highly desirable.
- Self-motivated, work well under heavy stress and shifting priorities.
- Strong verbal, analytical and writing skills a must.
- Typically, 1-year leadership experience (includes in-house mentoring).
Level of Education Required:
- Bachelor's degree in law, business or related field or any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform job duties. JD, MBA or advanced degreepreferred.
- Bilingual candidates (Spanish) desirable.
Breadth of Management
- Span of Direct Reports: No direct reports. Serves as mentors to junior team members.
Human Relation Skills required:
- Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
- Able to express ideas clearly (verbally, in writing, in private and public settings) and convey necessary information.
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Able to negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively, and close transactions with mutually beneficial results.
- HIGH level of "self starting" thinking required for analysis, evaluation, creating, reasoning, and drawing conclusions/solutions.
- Self-motivated, able to work under stress and under constantly shifting priorities.
- HIGH complexity of mental process to achieve in the role in order to come to solutions.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of senstitive information.
Req Number 2017-18797