General and Administrative Redwood Shores, California Boston, Massachusetts
COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS MANAGER
REDWOOD CITY, CA 94065 OR BOSTON, MA 02110
Talend is looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented Contracts Manager to join our Legal Department. In this role, you willsupport our world class sales team by negotiating, drafting and closing subscription software license agreements, reseller agreements, consulting, and other commercial transactions. The ideal candidate is extremely organized, thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, has excellent drafting and negotiating skills, is passionate about technology, and is a true team player. We are seeking candidates with relevant experience at a large law firm and/or in-house legal department who can make an immediate impact in a high growth, multi-national company in the Big Data and data integration space. This position may be located in our Redwood City, CA or Boston, MA offices.
Primary Responsibilities and Objectives:
- Act as first point of contact for sales team contract requests.
- Draft, negotiate, and close software licensing agreements (on premise and hosted solutions); consulting agreements; channel and resale agreements; OEM agreements; NDAs; and other commercial contracts.
- Provide timely, strategic advice to our sales organization; partner with our legal team to provide top flight client service to our sales organization and successfully execute our sales strategy and business plan.
- Collaborate with finance, tax, IT and other internal business leads to obtain necessary approvals for non-standard contractpositions.
- Highly responsive, service and client-oriented.
- Excellent drafting and verbal skills; ability to craft custom legal language and succinctly explain complex legal concepts to business partners and customers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Practical and business-minded approach to contract negotiation; ability to balance an appropriate level of risk for achievement of the company’s strategic objectives with protection of the company’s legal interests.
- Contribute to various internal operations projects (i.e. form templates; policies, playbook positions etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree is required; JD, paralegal or comparable credentials welcome.
- 5-7 years of contracts negotiation experience.
- Technology industry experience and knowledge of subscription licensing principles.
- Ability to read, draft and understand contractual terms; strong experience in redlining and negotiating agreements is required.
- Ability to prioritize, adapt and work with cross-functional teams in a dynamic global work environment under limited supervision.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend is an 800 employee, post-IPO, big data integration software company with deep open source roots. With our continued rapid growth, we are one of the largest independent open source companies in the world.
We've also received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, and a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the 2016 CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
While our global headquarters is here in Redwood City, CA, we’re very much so an international company with offices in Irvine, Boston, Atlanta, Paris, Nantes, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Bangalore, and Sydney.
Some Cool Perks with Working Here:
- An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses
- Equity for all full-time employees
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family
- Paid vacation, sick time, and company holidays, in addition to paid maternity leave, paternity leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave
- Employer-matching 401K plan
- Commuter benefits, and free employee shuttle to CalTrain for an easy commute anywhere along the 101 corridor
- Weekly catered lunches, which we proudly take the time to sit down and enjoy as a team, weekly rotating food trucks outside our office, and a fully-stocked kitchen with drinks, Philz and Stumptown coffee, snacks, bagels, and candy
- Opportunity to challenge your fellow coworkers to a friendly match of ping pong, cornhole, or basketball in our Game Room
- Free onsite fitness center for employees, and outdoor running trails and full-sized basketball courts
- Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
- Choice of MacBook Air or Windows laptop