We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CONTRACT MANAGER include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Ensure flow down of prime contract requirements to subcontractors by reviewing identifying, highlighting and processing. Manage [flow downs?] across the different stakeholders through consistent communication and documentation
- Support procurement teams in the negotiation of standard agreements
- Create, manage and revise, as necessary vendor categories contract templates, content development, training and collaboration within the organization (as required) including without limitation Commercial and Legal departments.
- Lead Vendor Contract development process
- Contracts Document Management: Identify Vendors under MVA or MSA, internal notification of processes for Vendors based on Agreement Status (including agreed Commercial Terms notification to team), Change Order and Renewal processing
The Contract Manager’s role in the contract development process requires close collaboration with various departments, including Procurement, Project Management, Account Management, Project Controls, Legal and Project Finance.
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience designing and implementing a cohesive contract process from development to execution. In addition to managing processes, working collaboratively across key stakeholders and understanding / enforcing organizational principles of integrity and compliance. In addition to developing a process where vendor contracts and other documents are securely stored, tracked and maintained.
- Experience developing contract content
- Ability to identify and process policies relating to Master Vendors Agreements type (e.g. Services, supply Subcontract) based on vendor type.
- Coordinate accuracy and appropriateness of subcontract text and attachments, including, but not limited to, proof of insurance, safety and process documents, executed change orders and amendments.
- Ability to identify significant contract term variances from standards and provide internal guidance for managing highlighted exceptions.
- Ability to identify prime contract terms and/or requirements that flow down to subcontracts and provide internal guidance for managing these requirements.
- Ability to develop management plan for contractual notices to Prime contract and Vendor contracts
- Experience supporting internal teams to furnish appropriate notices
- Experience performing contract audits (Prime and Subcontractor) to ensure compliance.
- Ability to develop and deliver external and internal contract communication plans to support contract compliance.
- Experience serving as primary contact during vendor negotiations and facilitate a RACI-based collaborative negotiation process.
- Experience leading ad hoc, value-add negotiations
- Experience executing negotiation strategies with the focus of minimizing liability and potential loss while benefiting the financial performance.
- Experience developing, training and maintaining contract playbooks noting internal policy and philosophy for developed contract content and;/or processes.
- May include some business travel.
Credentials and Experience
Minimum requirements - The least amount of skills and training candidates must have to do a specific job. Candidates not meeting these requirements will not be hired for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or business law degree and 5+ years of related experience
- OR an equivalent combination of education and years of related experience
- Experience in construction EPC. Solar, civil, and/or mechanical preferred.
- Expertise with Design and Build Contracts.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and negotiation skills. Fluent in English.
- Attention to details.
- Demonstrated ethics and integrity.
- Personnel Management experience.
- Overall Procurement experience.
- Previous training experience.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with central and regional team members.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a rapid-paced, highly dynamic business environment.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interface and maintain relationships at all levels of an organization.