The Contract Manager is primarily responsible for administering an Engineering Design and Services Agreement and negotiating an EPC Agreement. The Contract Manager initiates, tracks and monitors contract changes, deliverables, correspondence and risks, and maintains associated documentation. Uses standardized processes and tools to blend contract compliance with commercial know-how and practicality and focuses on contract compliance. The Contracts Manager will also oversee Contractor’s subcontracting and will participate in the review and development of Project Execution Plan. This position works closely with the legal department, project management and project controls. Contracts Manager must be a self-starter who works independently and provides leadership and oversight to the Project Analyst. This position will have functional reporting to the SLNG&M Engineering and Construction team, with day to day reporting to the PALNG Project Manager.
The position will be in Houston and travel will be required.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Understand and aid in the project teams’ understanding of all contract requirements and coordinate with the project team to ensure compliance with all contracts throughout the life of the project. Responsible for informing the project team of the requirements of the contract and monitoring compliance. Works with the project team and/or business unit and Legal, ensuring that all legal and contractual matters are addressed efficiently and promptly.
• Responds to complex inquiries regarding contract obligations and revisions and prepares change order and amendment documents in conjunction with legal and the leadership team. Manages the ongoing life cycle of the agreements including any potential amendments to product/service price and/or terms and conditions, contract performance against commitments, and compliance to agreed terms.
• Develops and integrates contract management tools, templates, methods and processes. Using tools and templates, prepares and disseminates information regarding contract status, compliance, modifications, etc. Responsible for managing the change process and works with the Project Analyst in developing and maintaining the Change Log. Works with Project Analyst to develop and maintain the contract database and manage the contract document repository in SharePoint.
• Aids in negotiating contract terms, pricing and payment schedules, ensuring that the agreements with vendors/suppliers are commercially advantageous. Leads and organizes cost analysis for Contractor requested Change Orders. Prepares negotiation plan and prepares back up documentation prior to the Negotiation.
• Prepares and initiates letters and responses to the EPC contractor regarding various aspects of the project and contract. Prepares notices and facilitates quick responses to EPC contractor’s inquiries.
• Collaborates with Construction, Project Controls, and Engineering and other departments as necessary in the administration of major contracts. Prepares status reports and presentation materials on major contracting activities.
• Interfaces with the Engineering and Design Services Agreement Contractor for the development of the subcontracting plan for the EPC phase. Regularly meets with the Contractor’s Subcontracts Manager and Contracts Manager.
• Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties)
• Requires a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business or English
• Require a minimum of 10 years of related professional experience in energy and contracts management. LNG and commercial legal experience is a plus.