Ready to put your contract skills to work with departments and teams that change the urban fabric of our community? Do you have an eye for details? Put your contract management expertise to work on complex projects. Parsons is now hiring Principal Contract Administrator for our rapidly expanding team located in Huntsville Alabama.
Parsons extensive experience combined with your contract management and negotiation skills, including drafting contracts, and identifying potential conflicts and risks can be a dynamic duo. At this level you will monitor and administer the business provisions of prime contracts to ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions.
In this role, you perform contract administration assignments for all phases of the most demanding contractual undertakings. Our Contract Administrators typically handles contract negotiations of projects with constructed values in the $100 to $500 million range, with clients in the private and public sectors of both domestic and foreign markets. You’ll understand and apply a thorough knowledge of the principles governing the business terms and conditions of contracts being negotiated.
- Reviews client contracts to identify risks and to ensure conformity to Company policy.
- Advises the Division Manager and PMs regarding scope, financial and risk issues of applicable contracts.
- Drafts contracts for large engineering/construction management projects. Proposes alternative text/clauses to client contracts, as appropriate for the Company business. Ensures that the contract is thoroughly reviewed for legal, risk management, tax, and accounting issues prior to submitting to management for approval.
- Participates as a member of the negotiating team, consisting of business development and project management personnel, for establishing business terms and contract conditions.
- Monitors and administers the business provisions of prime contracts to ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions. Advises the Contracts Manager regarding scope, financial, and risk issues of prime contracts.
- May be responsible for overseeing a significant portion of the contract administration activities within designated Company-wide market areas.
- Solves significant prime contract problems, taking independent action as prescribed by project procedures.
- Provides guidance and direction to lower-level Contract Administrators, as appropriate.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Develops and promotes strong customer intimacy and possess excellent customer service attitude displaying dignity and respect to all stakeholders.
- Promotes business growth through relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Proactive in development of negotiation and business strategies and function as a trusted business adviser to the Program Manager.
- 4-year degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field
- 10-12 years of prime contract administration experience is required
- MUST have a minimum of 3 years of contract administration and direct customer interface with the Army Corp of Engineers, ideally with the Huntsville District. Ideal candidate will have 3 years’ experience working environmental, construction, utility metering control system, and electronic security system type contracts with the Huntsville Corp.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of industry business practices and the negotiation of prime contracts, formation agreements, subcontract flowdowns, etc.
- Incumbent must also possess strong written and oral communication skills,
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of PC software packages typically associated with contract administration.
- Ability to perform in a lead capacity is also required