When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine. Come soar with us.
UTC Aerospace Systems is a global supplier of systems and services in the aerospace and defense markets with one of the most strategically diversified portfolios of products in the industry. The Sensors and Integrated Systems (SIS) division located in Vergennes, Vermont has a full time position for a Contract Manager.
The Contracts Manager is responsible for performance of activities relating to negotiation of contract terms and conditions for new and existing contracts, creation, and negotiation of contracts and special agreements, contract flow down, negotiation of claims and settlements for labor and material costs, and customer account management. This may include audit, control, or liaison functions with both suppliers and customers. The Contracts Manager will provide overall contract compliance to standard procedure.
Typical Roles/Area of Focus:
Incumbentsresponsibilitieswill generally focus on one or more of the following:
- Lead contracting positions and strategy on business terms approach with a focus on mitigating contractliability and risk by driving solid negotiating solutions
- Engage in proposal and contract position review at RFP phase and prior to customer submittal
- Establish solid customer relationships
- Formation of Contracts and Special Agreements
- Contract review and customer flow down
- Managing commercial item assertions
- Resolve conflicts or disputes with customers relating to contractual compliance or interpretation
- Assure that SIS contracting policies are align with applicable UTAS prescribed policies
- Work closely with Customer Service Representatives, Program Management and Business Development to assure overall compliance to contract review, contract flow down and overall contractual requirements.
- Other duties as assigned bysupervision
Level of Responsibility:
- Individual contributor
- Work closely with Contract Administrators, Customer Service Representatives, Program Management, and Business Development to assure overall compliance to the contract requirements.
- Responsible for complying with direction and objectives in alignment with business unit goals and objectives
- Contributes to the department or business unit by applying their advanced knowledge of one or more functional areas
- Has Contracts expert knowledge, can work independently on contract formation and can effectively drive contract
- FARs/DFARs experience a plus
- MA/MSdegree with 4-7 years of experience
- PhD degree with 2-4 years of experience
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- BA/BS degree w/6-10 years of experience
- Candidate will have and extensive background in military and government (indirect or direct) contracting, ideally in aerospace and/or defense systems.
- Working experience in MS Office Suite
- Experience with crafting agreements and the negotiations of terms and conditions including but not limited to Non- Disclosure Agreements, Master Agreements, Licensing Agreements and Memorandum of Agreements.
- Knowledge of FARs, DFARs and other applicable government/military contracting requirements. compliance to the life cycle of contract
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 67171BR