This position is located at our Houston Engineering Center, only 14 short miles from downtown Houston, TX. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan and employee discounts.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist Project Manager in all aspects of project contracts administration
- Develop Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and oversee the bidding processes
- Advise, as necessary, on project contract matters, including soliciting input from company Procurement and Legal groups
- Ensure that contract correspondence, documentation, and records are being prepared accurately and are current
- Responsible to ensure that requests for variations are reviewed, responded to, and resolved in a timely manner
- Review, check, ensure accuracy, and endorse contractor invoices submitted for approval
- Provide leadership in resolving contractor claims and participate in negotiations withcontractor, as necessary
- Provide project claims avoidance and mitigation advice, as necessary
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills, demonstrated problem solving capacity, and effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to gather information and develop a thorough understanding of the project, while providing strong leadership skills within a diverse cross-functional team is essential
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- This position requires strong process orientation, foresight, ability to influence others through direct/indirect networks.
Education and Key Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain.
- 10+ years of overall experience required, preferably in the Chemical, Petrochemical, Refining, or Oil & Gas industry.
- 8+ years prior experience acting as Contract Administrator/Manager required, preferably in the Chemical, Petrochemical, Refining, or Oil & Gas industry.
- Experience as an employee in owner organization is strongly preferred.
- The ideal candidate will possess excellent business and financial acumen.
- The ideal candidate will possess excellent project leadership, communication, and problem solving and decision-making skills.
- The ideal candidate will possess excellent negotiation skills withinternal and external management up to the executive level.
- The ideal candidate will possess excellent presentation skills and executive presence.
- The ideal candidate will meet high ethical and financial control compliance standards.
- Professional qualification / certification from related professional body, (ISM – CPM / CPSM, APICS, PMP) added advantage.