This position manages the Contracts Administration department and supports the management of contracts and subcontracts and develops pricing for new efforts and modifications. Reviews various contract vehicles completion of contract documents and reporting requirements for funding sources including invoicing; complete contract and amendment paperwork according to source specifications; and act as liaison to contract offices. Assists in protecting the organization`s legal interest and maintaining its operations within the scope established by law. Responsible for identifying and analyzing legal issues drafting key documents presenting clear recommendations and assuring legal compliance. Provides hands-on counsel to all levels of executive staff.Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and support the contract subcontract and pricing functions.
- Provide expertise in cost estimation analysis and tracking.
- Evaluate effectiveness in coordination and implementation of contracts policy and processes.
- Manage contracting staff to meet all contract requirements and contractual responsibilities.
- Draft and review standard contracts and subcontracts.
- Draft and review agreements and other required documentation required to support contracts.
- Ensure that proposal plans and approaches of the submission meet the contractual requirements of the RFP Federal Acquisition Regulations and Cost Accounting Standards.
- Coordinate final management approval and signature of the offer validate cost volume contents support data volume control distribution and audit support.
- Participate in customer negotiations; make recommendations to management to execute contractual documents and strategic objectives.
- Participate in post-award communications with the customer contract personnel on all contract matters.
- Support internal and external audits and reviews.
- Set meet and track performance against department strategic goals and requirements.
- Perform all required actions and reporting to comply with legal and contract requirements.
- Follow company policies and processes.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in business management accounting or related discipline and minimum of 8 years' experience in Federal Government and/or DoD contracts management OR Associate degree and minimum of 12 years' experience in Federal Government and/or DoD contracts management
- Minimum three years supervisory experience
Skills and Certifications
- Detailed knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Service Contract Act and Department of Labor Wage Determination
- Incurred Cost Models
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals in person via telephone and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and resolve practical problems.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work well under stress despite numerous interruptions. Accuracy and attention to detail.
- CFCM or CPCM certification preferred
- Position requires sitting for long periods of time. (Sedentary Work)
- Most duties require extended use of a keyboard and computer monitor
- Extended Telephone Use
- May require lifting of 20-50 lbs
- LCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Veteran/Disabled.