The critical activities you will need to perform with minimal supervision include:
- Effectively develop both oral and written communication with internal and external customers.
- Learn, understand and display skills in company programs, policies and procedures.
- Understand contract structures and types (i.e., FFP, CPFF, CPAF, FPIF, T&M) and differentiate between levels of riskassociated with these structures.
- Review all assigned proposals and bids to ensure the most beneficial terms and conditions, including terms of payment and profit achieved.
- Utilize a cross functional network to support the ability to analyze and prepare contracts documents.
- Participate in meetings with internal and external customers to ensure understanding of contractual commitments and/or issues.
- Assist in collection of over-aged payments.
Differentiate between routine, non-routine and strategic contract terms, and recommend solutions.
Ensure all requirements in the contract (i.e., statement of work) are properly defined and risk is minimized.
Recognize a constructive change to the contract and inform all necessary cross functional teammates.
Demonstrate a basic understanding of business agreements (i.e., teaming agreement, non-disclosure agreement or proprietary agreement, and if/when an export license is needed).
Develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity that require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation.
Participate in the development of contract goals to ensure they are achievable and realistic; establish and implement organizational relationships.
Maintain customer relationships based on professionalism, responsiveness and ethical conduct.
This position requires the following qualifications:
- BS/BA degree in Business Administration or other applicable field.
- At least 10 years of Contracts experience with Government or Department of Defense (DoD) contracts, commercial contracts, and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA).
- Knowledge of FAR, DFAR, ITAR, etc., and/or equivalent government regulations based on experience.
- Knowledge of the administration and protection of intellectual property.
- Skilled in the art of communication, analysis, negotiations, evaluation and presentations, including respectful and professional behavior demonstrated at all times.
- Strong business acumen.