P osition Overview:
Administers, extends, negotiates and terminates standard and nonstandard contracts. Conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contract activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications. Examines estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness. Prepares bids; processes specifications, progress and otherreports; advises management of contractual rights and obligations; compiles and analyzes data; and maintains historical information.
The incumbent is required to monitor, evaluate, analyze and control the financial programs assigned. Sets up cost control system, monitors and controls costs and schedules on contracts requiring validated cost schedule control system. Performs analyses and prepares reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed upon parameters and government cost control guidelines. Prepares budgets and schedules for contract work and performs and/or assists in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook, and variance analysis. Prepares program plans to ensure program requirements and statement of work are captured and scheduled. Performs schedulerisk assessments to identify and mitigate program cost and schedulingrisks.
• Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) from an accredited four (4) year college or university in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration, AND 6-9 years of experience; OR Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration with 4-7 years of related experience.
• Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM) certification a plus.
• Direct experience managing Federal Government contracts
• Experience with complex multi-layered programs with heavy Over and Above proposal and negotiation activity
• SAP knowledge (or other ERP) system experience is critical for the success of the position.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft EXCEL required. Active/current use of other MS Office applications needed
• Strong file management and organizational skills required
• Must be able to work autonomously with little functional supervision
• Need a team player with excellent customer service skills
• Able to obtain U.S. Secret Clearance
The essential physical requirements of the position will be reviewed with the applicant during the interview. Some travel will be required.