This person must have a deep understanding of commercial and international contracts, contractual language, and the contract development lifecycle with proven ability and demonstrated experience redlining terms and conditions, identifying risk areas, and drafting more favorable terms. The Contracts Manager will review, draft, redline, and finalize US and International commercial contracts, including high volume PO review/processing and international sales agreements for Kratos’ advanced technology products for optimizing ground system performance. The Contract Manager’s role in the contract development process requires close collaboration with various departments, including operations, project management, account management, business operations, and finance.
The Contracts Manager will develop, redline, and negotiate contract terms for new and follow-on businesses representing Kratos to a variety of diverse customers, including international and commercial companies and organizations. Assists with supporting and documenting improvements and streamlining Sales order and Contract processes and procedures within the Contracts Dept., and the Salesforce, and SharePoint systems. Must be able to work independently to perform contractual language analysis, identifying risk areas, and drafting more favorable terms to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and good business practices. Must have excellent contract drafting skills, be detail-oriented, and possess strong analytical, negotiation, and organization skills. Reports to Senior Director of Contacts and works closely and collaboratively with Contracts, Accounting, Sales, Operations, and Product Management staff on contractual issues.
- Draft, redline, negotiate, finalize and process international and commercial sales agreements, purchase orders, NDAs, support agreements, and other documents containing terms and conditions.
- Exceptional attention to detail, with an ability to understand contractual provisions and identify issues and recommend corrective verbiage and more favorable terms.
- Incorporate Sales-Force system into day-to-day work processes, utilize and document work in the system, and utilize the system to track work, timely communicate the status and completion of work.
- Experience desired in the IT industry, software and hardware products, support and services, the sales cycle, accounting processes, and general business practices.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, strong team contributor works independently and cross-functionally.
- Work closely with entry and senior-level contract professionals.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize work in a dynamic and deadline-intensive environment.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel.
- Experience with Share Point and Salesforce (CRM) systems preferred.
Experience and Skills
- Must have excellent contract analysis and redlining skills, be detail-oriented, and possess strong communication and organization skills to ensure that the business unit achieves its objectives.
- Negotiate, redline and draft international contract terms and conditions including shipping terms and export compliance.
- Experience with Share Point and Sales-Force and understanding Accounting issues as they relate to contracts.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by company standards.
- Ability to interact effectively with peers, managers, and supervisors.
- Ability to interact appropriately with customers when necessary.
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules.
- A Bachelor’s degree minimum education level needed.
- Seven (7) years minimum of job-related experience.
- Ability to negotiate commercial agreements and draft contract terms and conditions.
- Understanding of Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) and Accounting issues as they relate to contracts.
- International contracting experience is preferred but not required.