The successful candidate will perform contract negotiations, analysis, administration, prepare proposals, and act as point-of-contact for customer related contract acquisition and fulfillment issues.
Essential Job Duties
This incumbent will assume the responsibility for the overall administration of assigned government contracts, to ensure compliance with specific contract requirements, encompassing the orderly and timely control from receipt of award through completion. This position will also assume the following responsibilities, which are to include but are not limited to:
- Receiving requests for proposals and invitations for bids from Government agencies and Prime Contractors.
- Preparing contract proposal forms and formal, detailed contract proposals per specific terms of the request for proposal or invitations for bid.
- Functioning as a focal point of contact or liaison to ensure required data and information is exchanged and transmitted promptly and efficiently between the Government and contractor, in accordance with specific terms of the contract.
- Conducting proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Preparing bids; processing progress, and other reports; advising management of contractual rights and obligations; compiling and analyzing data; and maintaining historical information.
- In support of sales activities, negotiates contracts.
- Maintaining communications to ensure timely contract execution by the parties.
- Ensuring final contract documents are consistent with agreements reached at negotiations.
- Reviewing FAR and DoD Supplement regulations regularly to ensure contract compliance with government regulations.
- Evaluating contract performance to determine necessity for amendments or extension of contracts.
- Coordinating activities and participates in fact-finding meetings.
- Participating as a member of the contract negotiating team.
- Implementing and supporting continuous improvement program initiatives.
- Adhering to all Contract specific instructions.
- Other duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
3-5 years experience in Government contract Administration negotiation desired. Knowldege of defense contract requirements and regulations to government contracts. Familiarity with FAR
(Federal Acquisition Regulations) DoD (Department of Defense), FAR Supplement, knowledge of Government procurement requirements and DCAS (Defense Contract Administration Services) are nice-to-haves.