In this role, you have the opportunity to
Provide legal and business expertise in the evaluation, development, and negotiation of commercial transactions, contracts, proposals, and quotes while ensuring compliance with current policies and procedures and minimizing contractual risk.
This position is based in Bothell, WA. Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to Bothell, WA.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
- Creating contract solutions that minimize risk and provide value to Philips and customers
- Working with field personnel and internal departments to evaluate and negotiate contracts for sales/service (i.e. capital, consumables, Software as a Service (SaaS), service, consulting, etc.) as well as other related documents
- Providing support to customer fulfillment team and proposal team for Request for Proposal’s (RFPs), Request for Information (RFI), Request for Quotes (RFQs)
- Recommending and implementing improvements of policies and process that will ensure that proposals and contractual documents are aligned with company's business controls, policies and procedures.
- Maintaining contract files and updating activity in Salesforce (SFDC) and other workflow tools
- Advising field teams and management of contractual rights, obligations, and provide interpretation of terms and conditions identifying solutions
- Completing other projects as assigned such as continuous process improvement and working with stakeholders to review and update templates and tools.
You are a part of
Our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2030. Every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating a state of the art solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. We enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards, and personalized development planning programs. Our research and business provide unique opportunities to develop cutting-edge clinical solutions and deliver meaningful solutions in the healthcare space.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 5+ years of experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial contracts (or a combination of experience and education).
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Paralegal, Certified Contract Management (CCM) [or other contract management certification], or J.D. desired.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate clearly with employees at various levels within the organization, as well as customers.
- Highly organized and comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment that is deadline driven; be detail oriented, and have the ability to multi-task and manage the day to day transactional work with projects, set priorities, and ensure completion of tasks.
- Proficient in MS Office; with the ability to learn and adapt to other programs such as Saleforce (SFDC), Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) tools and Lean methodology.
- Project management; as well as, solid analytical and negotiation skills, required.