Contracts Manager - Federal Contracts
11 - 15 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Ready to put your contract skills to work in a dynamic environment with departments and teams that change the urban fabric of our community? Do you have an eye for details? Put your contract management expertise to work on complex projects. Parsons is now hiring a Contracts Manager for our rapidly expanding team located in Richmond, VA or Orlando, FL
Parsons extensive experience combined with your contract management and negotiation skills, including drafting contracts, and identifying potential conflicts and risks can be a dynamic duo. At this level you will be a working manager that will monitor and administer the business provisions of prime contracts to ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions.
In this role, as a contracts professional you perform contract management assignments for all phases of the most demanding contractual undertakings. Our Contract Managers are responsible for contract negotiations of projects with values in the $500+ multi-million-dollar range, with clients in the private and public sectors of both domestic and foreign markets. You’ll understand and apply a thorough knowledge of the principles governing the business terms and conditions of contracts being negotiated from the capture stage through all phases of program execution.
- Advises the Division Manager and PMs regarding scope, financial and risk issues of applicable contracts.
- Drafts contracts for large engineering/construction management, training, and support projects. Proposes alternative text/clauses to client contracts to mitigate potential risks and labilities, as appropriate for the Company business. Ensures that the contract is thoroughly reviewed for the scope of work and respective terms and conditions, including payments, legal, risk management, tax, and accounting issues prior to submitting to management for approval.
- Participates as a member of the negotiating team, consisting of business development and project management personnel, for establishing business terms and contract conditions.
- Monitors and manages the business provisions of prime contracts to ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions, Company policy, including identification and mitigation of risk items from the proposal stage through contract execution and closeout.
- Responsible for overseeing a significant portion of the contract administration activities within designated Company-wide market areas.
- Be proactive to understand specific contractual issues and propose/lead resolution or mitigation actions.
- Provides guidance and direction to lower-level Contract Administrators, as appropriate.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Develops and promotes strong customer intimacy and possess excellent customer service attitude displaying dignity and respect to all stakeholders.
- Promotes business growth through relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Proactive in development of negotiation and business strategies and function as a trusted business adviser to the Program Manager.
- 4-year degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field
- 10-12 years of prime contract administration experience is required
- 3 years direct customer interface with the United States Army Training Command
- Ideal candidate will have experience working large IDIQ Army Training Support Services contracts.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of industry business practices and the negotiation of prime contracts, formation agreements, subcontract flowdowns, etc.
- Requires knowledge of different business arrangements such as joint venture, limited liability companies, teaming agreements, Other Transition Authority, etc.
- Self-starter, confident, articulate
- Incumbent must also possess strong written and oral communication skills,
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform in a lead capacity is also required
- Strong knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation and Department Supplements
- CPCM/CFCM Certification
- Advanced Degree; preferably JD