Esterline Technologies Corporation
With thousands of products manufactured across dozens of facilities in nearly 20 countries, your career options are expansive withEsterline. From producing enhanced vision equipment for cockpits that helps pilots do their work, to designing life-saving medical equipment - we make critical components that drive some of the biggest programs in aerospace, defense, medical, nuclear, gaming, and industrial markets. Our employees contribute to the success of these high-profile programs, all while growing as individuals, career professionals, and community members. Enjoying a career with Esterline means more than just doing a job - it’s about making a difference in the world.
Military Business Contracts Manager, Esterline Control and Communication Systems - Job Summary
This position can be based in Sylmar or Rancho Santa Margarita
If you have just left or are leaving the military and have experience with Government contracts this job could be perfect for you!
The Contracts Manager is responsible for negotiation, management and administration of customer contracts, including complex contract negotiation & closing, negotiation of scope changes. The Contracts Manager is responsible for the monitoring of performance-to-contract and ensuring compliance of existing programs with major aerospace & defense customers including primes and integrators. He/She willalso participate in proposal & bid preparation, lead performance of contract review and contract terms and conditions acceptance over the life of the agreements; and support & advise Sales, Program Managers and Business Unit Leaders in solving challenges such as assessment of risk, profit impact, special contractual provisions, customer expectations, etc. The Contracts Manager will work closelywith Compliance & Legal and will serve as the internal focal for export issues (ITAR and EAR) for our military, commercial and dual-use products.
The Contracts Manager will collaborate closely with program managers, sales and account managers, operations managers, finance, and other disciplines to guide the execution of the contract from contract award to program delivery, to ensure contract compliance. The incumbent may also act on behalf of the Platform Contracts Department as the site focal for communication and delegation of Contract matters – dependent upon final location. This position includes a requirement to possess subject matter expertise in government contracts. As the Subject Matter Expert for the platform, the Contract Manager will support other contract staff as may be required, including those at other sites.
What You Will Do
- Supports the platform as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in government contract terms and conditions, including but not limited toFAR and DFARS clauses included in our subcontracts, identifying required flow downs to our suppliers and subcontractors.
- Supports proposal preparation process, performs assigned tasks to ensure on time submittals to customers
- Negotiates contracts and amendments as required, and plans, seeks, and documents required approvals for closure of contractterms.
- Works with program managers to manage scope of the work and schedule to ensure customer satisfaction
- Effectively manage and document changes to scope of work, and ensure issue resolution in a timely manner
- Ensure contract compliance throughout the company
- Act as an effective advocate for both Esterline and our customers
- Prepare contractual correspondence and documentation from pre-award through closure
- Monitor external business conditions and be aware of trends, issues and events in the industry
- Administer complex contracts with best practices to eliminate non-value added/non-essential activities
- Perform in accordance with work standards for contract administration within a team environment
- Location: Manages contracts function for Esterline Control and Communication Systems at locations as assigned, based in Sylmar or Rancho Santa Margarita, CA. Supports other locations as Subject Matter Expert in government contracting.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
- Understand and live by Esterline’s ethics and business conduct policies
What You Will Bring
- The position requires a Bachelor’s of Science or Bachelors of Arts required.
- 10+ years’ direct aerospace and defense contract administration or other relevant experience.
- Legal training a plus
- Government contract management certification highly desired.
- Advanced level experience with federal government contract terms, FAR, and flow-down requirements of US defense contractrules, regulations and terms.
- Strong background working with prime contractors issuing subcontracts on government programs
- Experience with developing strategies for negotiations and conducting negotiations
- Understandidng and experience in Export Compliance - eperience with ITAR compliance, including commodity jurisdiction requests, Technical Assistance Agreements and licensing
- Experience with Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- Experience in commercial Aerospace contracts is a plus
- Strong analytical, verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all levels of ECCS and customer management and staff
- Proven track record of success in collaborative management style and the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional environment