Key: Contracting with Prime Defense contractors
StepBeyond Solutions Inc, the leading electronics manufacturing executive search firm, has been engaged to identify Government Contracts Manager for this long time client.
Our client is growing and has recently refocused their business model on Electronics Manufacturing Services exclusively.
This position reports to the senior executive at the site and is a key member of the executive team.
The US Government and other prime contractors are their major customers.
[This company can only hire U.S. citizens. Upon employment all employees will have to provide evidence verifying U.S. citizenship.]
Responsibilities of this position:
- Performs RFP/RFQ analysis, supports proposal/fact-findings, prepares negotiation plans and leads contract negotiations.
- Coordinates with Program Management to manage contract performance to realize negotiated profit potential and ensures compliance with all applicable contract terms and conditions to develop follow-on business opportunities.
- Reviews, analyzes and interprets contract requirements to determine contractual obligations and provides continual review and administration to ensure that all terms and conditions are met and that any problems are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
- Writes complex inquiries regarding contract terms and conditions, obligations and revisions and coordinates interactions with customers and technical managers to include pre-contract discussions, contract negotiations and contract changes.
- Ensures contract closeout is conducted timely and in a manner that results in customer satisfaction.
- Advises management and keeps management informed of contract issues which may negatively impact business growth, profitability, contract performance or the Company?s eligibility to receive future business.
- Assists Program Management in monitoring programs for potential ?constructive changes? and pursues equitable contract adjustments as necessary.
- Administers ITAR, export and compliance.
- Establishes and maintains professional relationships with customer counterparts including Contracts and Purchasing departments.
- Responsible for overall management of departments including, establishing and complying with financialbudgets, goals and priorities as well as development of direct reports.
- Administers all Human Resources programs and policies (including selection, promotion, transfers, salary administration and termination without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age or handicap).
- Bachelor?s Degree in Business or related field.
- Minimum 10 years contract management experience including a minimum 5years?experience in negotiating and managing contracts on behalf of a prime contractor or with a federal agency which involved direct interface with government contracting officials.
- 3-5years commercial and international experience related to contract management preferred.
- Extensive and current knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), DoD FAR/DRARS supplement and awareness of trends in the Government acquisition environment.
- Requires a working knowledge and/or experience of ITAR and EAR regulations (Dodd-Frank bill, whistleblower incentives and protections); FFP and Cost Reimbursable types of contracts; and, IDIQ Task Order and Deliver Order contracts as well as non-disclosure agreements and teaming agreements.
- Certified Professional Contract Manager (CPCM) certification preferred.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with internal and external customers.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, CWA system).
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Government granted Security clearance, if required.
- Some travel may be required.