This will be a challenging and rewarding opportunity for the right person. In return, we offer a a full benefits package from day one, generous vacation entitlement, competitive salary and the opportunity to make a difference in a global and growing organisation.
- Ensures that company's interests are served and protected through compliance with all company policies, applicable laws, regulatory and customer requirements while balancing corporate business objectives.
- Leads complex negotiations. Understands the business case and has an appreciation of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications
- Advise program and senior management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions and contractual options for solutions
- Regularly interacts and provides business and contractual advice, options and solutions, with executives and/or major customers. Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Participates in identifying, managing and resolving scope change.
- Provides contractual inputs to bids and proposals, and reviews major proposals.
- Provides strong support to program management in the execution phase of the contract
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- 7-10 years' of related work experience in a Contracts role, preferably within the Aerospace/Military Environment or technology design and manufacturing field
- Thorough knowledge of all appropriate ethical standards regarding contracting actions
- Knowledge of FAR & DFAR provisions as well as government and commercial contracting practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and collaboration, and the ability to maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Excellent negotiation skills, with a proven track record in international contracting and negotiation of complex contracts structured to meet corporate objectives
- Strong organization skills with the ability to manage strategic, operational and tactical responsibilities in a "roll up the sleeves" hands-on culture focused on delivering results
- Customer-focused (internal and external) and results driven
- A credible presence and strong ability to communicate with senior leaders
- Experience interacting and communicating effectively with members of a complex organization at multiple levels